Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Maritime group, The Field Services Technical Officer is responsible for testing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading a wide range of electronic, electrical and electro-mechanical equipment. Additional duties include supporting warehouse activities.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Undertake survey and test of electronic equipment
- Participate in the ongoing support, repairs, maintenance and upgrade of ANZAC and LHD Command and Control, Fire Control System and Primary Search Radar equipment for ship and shore installations
- Provide receipt and despatch services within a warehouse environment
- Assist in offsite activities to support Field Services team
- Assist in test, acceptance and set to work of hardware at factory and ship/shore installations
- Take an active role in the hardware maintenance and support work carried out in the Saab Workshop and test sites
Your skills and experience will include:
- Experience with workmanship inspection and adherence to stipulated standards
- Experience in warehouse operations
- Proficient in the use of PCs and relevant software applications (Microsoft Office Suite etc.)
- Experience in circuits and wiring fault finding in PC and industrial computing bus systems (cPCI, VME)
- Experience with MILIS database
- Previous experience in field fault diagnosis and repair of electronic and electrical equipment
- Sound knowledge of safety practices related to electronic and electrical equipment, especially electrical safety and electrostatic discharge (ESD) prevention
- Read circuit diagrams and follow the instructions contained in technical manuals and test procedures
- Good oral and written communication
Culture and benefits
We employ over 600 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.