At Saab, we are constantly looking ahead and pushing boundaries on what´s considered technically possible. Saab is expanding in UK and we are now seeking talented and highly motivated firmware developers to support the research and development of complex Electronic Warfare systems. If you are an experienced firmware developer, this is truly a unique opportunity for you.
As part of a development team, your work spans from understanding systems and their requirements to making an architectural design and doing the actual implementation, integration and qualification testing. Our ambition is to strongly support engineers, extending their knowledge and experience into systems engineering, product development and be able to develop personal competencies.
Your daily tasks include:
- Specification, implementation and verification of VHDL blocks for FPGAs
- Compilation of entire FPGAs, test and verification in the laboratory
- Collaboration with engineers from different areas like RF, HW and SW
A vital part of our working culture is continuous validation, ensuring that we not only build products correctly, but that we also build the correct products. The quicker you learn about our customers and products, the quicker you can help us in this validation.
- Familiar with the FPGA Design flow
- Experienced in utilising FPGAs for signal and dataprocessing
- Experience with Xilinx and / or Intel FPGAs and tools like Vivado or Quartus
- Familiar with used simulators like Modelsim or Questa
- Skilled in making complex FPGA designs
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in software/electronic engineering, mathematical or science-based subject or equivalent working experience
- Matlab, TCL, System Verilog
- Understanding of RF receiver architectures and corresponding digital signal processing
- Ability to prototype and provide Proof of Concepts
This position has tasks including defence secrecy. It therefore requires you to conduct and receive an approved security clearance by responsible authorities.
What you will be a part of
You will be part of Saab´s Technology Centre based in Farnborough. In your role as firmware developer, you will report to the EW programme lead as well as the Head of the Technology Centre.
Saab AB is a global defence and security company in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 17,400 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one fourth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab UK has operational footprints in London, Farnborough, Westbury, Tilshead, Brecon, Catterick, Lympstone, Fareham and Hull and in line with Saab’s Strategic Plan regarding “Operational Countries” the ambition is to grow this footprint.
Saab is also a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility and good opportunities for advancing in your career. But also a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.