FPGA Firmware Develoment Engineer
At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries regarded as technically impossible. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
Experience and Skillset:
- Experienced FPGA Firmware Engineer with Relevant Education preferably M.Sc in Electronics & Electrical Engineering
- 8+ Years of Experience on FPGA Development using VHDL, Verilog, Vivado, Vitis.
- Experience on High Speed FPGA Modules
- Experience with Xilinx SoC Hardware Platform- Xilinx RFSoC, Xilinx UltraScale+ MPSoC, Xilinx Zynq 7000
- Experience with ARM Firmware Development using C/C++
- Experience with development of Board Support Packages/Driver Development
- Experience with PetaLinux, Yocto, OpenEmbedded, Buildroot, or other build environment experience
- Experience with 10G/25G/40G Ethernet Sub-system IP Core
- Experience in interfacing with High Speed Peripherals using JESD204B, LVDS, Serdes Protocols
- Experience in development of DSP Algorithms
- Experience with Linux Environment will be a must
- Analysis, problem solving and trouble shooting
- Interpretation and breakdown of requirements
- Specifications, design diagrams and descriptions as well as reports
- Support with testing to meet requirements
- Good ability to carry through your own and others ideas
- You must be able to express yourself in English, both oral and in written
- In order for you to achieve good results, you should act commercially and professionally when in contact with both customers and suppliers
As a person, you are naturally curious and inspired by new challenges. A well-developed understanding and willingness to learn about different cultures is crucial in this multi-cultural environment. It will require a lot of teamwork and a broad approach to be successful.
This position requires that you undergo a security screening in accordance with the Saab internal processes.
What you will be a part of
Saab’s strategy for growth includes building local business in selected markets, with focus on key customer countries. You will become part of Saab Company, which operates in Tawazun Industrial Park, northeast of the Abu Dhabi city Centre.
Saab is a global defence and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 18,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is also a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility and good opportunities for advancing in your career. But also a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.