Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Land group, the Hardware Engineer will The Hardware Engineer (Mechanical / Electrical) will apply systems engineering methodology whilst designing, developing, testing and documenting a wide range of mechanical, electro-mechanical and electrical equipment within Saab’s Land Team.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Identify, develop, and manage requirements for systems, sub-systems and product components.
- Undertake tasking in all phases of product development from initial requirements gathering to conducting detailed design of new products as well as modifying/improving existing products and respective support systems
- Prepare briefing material to support system reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR etc.)
- Undertake Computer Aided Design (CAD) for mechanical/electro-mechanical equipment
- Undertake electrical design for electrical equipment e.g. MIL-SPEC cables, cabinets etc.
- Ensure consideration of design-for-manufacture and design-for-obsolescence requirements
Your skills and experience will include:
- Experience with electrical power distribution design – single phase 240VAC & 3-phase 415VAC
- Demonstrated awareness and ability to address whole of system requirements and design issues such as environmental, EMI/C, safety and ILS as well as business and commercial needs
- Demonstrated competency in designing and developing mechanical/electro-mechanical hardware systems (e.g. structural systems, computer systems and integration of other associated hardware).
- Tertiary qualifications in electrical engineering or mechanical/mechatronics engineering or related technical discipline
- Eligible for membership of Engineers Australia.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 600 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.