Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Maritime group, the Hardware Product Engineering Officer’s primary focus will be to support the Product Manager with ongoing management of the hardware product roadmap, generation and management of engineering documents and provision of support to the Configuration Management function within the Hardware Group.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Provision of Project Engineering services to the Hardware Group to ensure all products have all the required supporting documents that will be delivered to customer milestones
- Support the Product Manager and Product Engineer to ensure products meet all customer and company requirements in terms of schedule, cost, safety, serviceability, maintainability and quality
- Support the Product Manager with administration of domestic and international estimates for new or existing products
- Assist in developing the Hardware product roadmap and track and chase up progress against schedule
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office, 9 day fortnight and part time (0.8 FTE minimum) will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- In depth experience of Defence documentation requirements
- Understanding of the lifecycles of small to medium sized hardware defence projects and appreciation of associated processes and levels of responsibilities
- Knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management software tools (preferably Windchill)
- Ability to read and understand Saab specific engineering drawings, documentation, diagrams, specifications and standards
- Experience with Configuration Management (CM) practices and Quality requirements (ISO 9001)
- Related industry experience of at least 2 years
- Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical Technical qualifications (Desirable)
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 900 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.