Hardware Project Manager
Hardware Project Manager
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Maritime group, the Hardware Project Manager will be responsible for planning, coordination, tracking, quality and reporting of all assigned projects. This includes cost and schedule control as well as scope management and resource/skills identification to enable successful delivery of high quality outcomes that ensures internal and external customer satisfaction.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Creation, management, and ownership of hardware related scope of works, including tracking of schedule, cost and quality outcomes and risk related to assigned projects
- Internal stakeholder management with a collegial approach to delivering outcomes
- Continual improvement of project approaches to achieve required outcomes, including identification of opportunities in order to maximise outcomes and/or improve efficiencies
- Preparation, monitoring and revision of project plans, estimates, cost accounts and schedules to meet the objectives set by the applicable tasking statement or other contractual obligations
- Preparation and/or presenting of project status at Steering Committee Meetings, Gate Reviews, Customer Reviews and Progress Meetings
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home/office and 9-day fortnight will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- 5 years minimum Project Management experience in a similar domain is essential
- Demonstrable experience in managing and delivering Hardware related projects is essential
- Understanding of best practice Project Management in a multi-disciplinary business
- Experience with managing multiple internal stakeholders
- Knowledge and/or experience of System Engineering practices and requirements management
- Experience in managing Hardware design, development and low volume high value manufacturing projects
A Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 600 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.