Do you imagine a career that constant stretches your capabilities and offer you the opportunity to work with technologies of the future? We offer an exciting opportunity to join a global company with a mission to make the society safer.
In this role you will lead a highly professional technical function working toward the goal of secure efficient and timely product development, quality and customer satisfaction.
Are you our next Head of Common Architecture? You will be a crucial part of the Design organization and its management team. You will report to the Head of Design.
You and your team will have an important role within this new organization, such as:
- Support Head of Design as SME in decisions regarding platform implementation in BA product portfolio
- Drive platform strategy to product roadmaps. Long term technical leadership to “align” market needs to roadmap development
- Take responsibility for new or modified platform building blocks
- Manage platform products according to tailorized PLCM process
- Request budget for platform development
- Drive progress towards roadmap
- Develop sourcing strategies in cooperation with sourcing organization
- Active participation in and support business development and bid work
- Active participation in all work related to the Design Management Team
As Head of Common Architecture, you and your team will bend the mind-set of how we define, develop, maintain and sell sensors and you will accelerate Saab’s digitization program. To do this you will actively participate in business development of our platform products and be responsible for delivering product definitions, investment plans and roadmaps. You will also be responsible for managing your products according to the product life cycle process adapted to platform products.
The position requires excellent skills in communicating and the ability to interact with other organizations across sites.
For this role, we are looking for someone who likes to develop and challenging themselves as well as our organization and our products. To be successful in this position you need to have the ability to motivate and engage others but also be able to organize, prioritize and take decisions to improve performance and profitability.
We also like you to have:
- Passion for innovation, both regarding technology and business models
- Strong business understanding, customer focus and product development experience
- Ability to build cross functional relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Appropriate technical knowledge within System Engineering in general
You have a degree in Engineering or similar and communicates fluently in Swedish and English.
Last but not least, you have the ability to support and boost a collaborative work environment with transparency, respect and trust.
What you will be a part of
Saab is a leading defence and security company with an enduring mission, to help nations keep their people and society safe. Empowered by its 19,000 talented people, Saab constantly pushes the boundaries of technology to create a safer, more sustainable and more equitable world. Read more about us here.
Surveillance provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, cyber security and combat systems.
BA Surveillance Design organization ensures continuous improvements of development processes, methods and tools across the business area. It holds a capability to own and develop common core platforms defined by BA Surveillance platform strategy and a mandate to enforce integration of common platforms in end products.
To support this, it also holds a capability to drive overall architectural alignment of products, enabling ease of integration. Additionally, it is responsible for development environments Technical leadership and our SW Transformation.
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement.
Saab is a company with a strong people-orientation. We offer a friendly work environment where we support and help each other to be at our best. Continuous learning, career & talent development and employee well-being are examples of areas where we always put the strongest effort to offer great opportunities.