In this position, you will be responsible for shaping and driving Saab’s communication in UAE, United Arab Emirates, where you also will be based, but you will also support Saab in other countries in region Middle East and Africa (MEA).You will be part of the management team for Saab in UAE and report to the Head of Saab in UAE but also work close with the Head of Region MEA in the Group Marketing and Sales function.
You will be working on both the strategic and operational level, requiring a hands-on approach to your job, in close cooperation with managers and colleagues in UAE, the MEA region and in various parts of Saab globally, including Group Communications; Press, Editorial and Brand.
Your main responsibilities will consist of:
- Leading and driving internal and external communication in the region.
- Using effective communication as an enabler to win business. This requires knowledge about identifying target groups, what they are interested in, how to locate them and ensuring we have content and relevant channels.
- Brand strategy implementation as well as developing messages and communication plans with activities to pinpoint relevant stakeholders.
- Consulting in matters related to the area of Communication.
- Supporting Head of Saab in UAE and Head of Region MEA with strategic advices as well as measures within communication.
- Communication planning and execution related to products developed by Saab domestically in the UAE targeting the global market.
Your Skills and Experience
- You have successfully conducted external and internal communication work – both on strategic and operational levels. You are analytic and able to understand driving factors for our business.
- You have a relevant network in the UAE, and several years of experience and knowledge of business culture in the country, and preferably experience from other countries in the region.
- You are an excellent communicator in English, orally and in writing, as well as having a strong ability to establish good relationships both externally and internally. You have experience in defining and procuring external services, such as PR agencies and other suppliers. Language skills in Arabic are meritorious.
- We believe that you have a relevant university education or equivalent, experience of similar senior positions, preferably within an international company.
What You Will Be a Part Of
Saab’s strategy for growth includes building local business in selected markets, with focus on key customer countries. You will become part of Saab Company in Abu Dhabi.
Saab is a global defence and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 18000 employees and have operations on all the continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility and good opportunities for advancing in your career. But also a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.