Head of Country Office Hungary
At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
As part of its global marketing and sales strategy, Saab focuses on its established markets, one of which is Hungary. We are now looking for a Head of Country Office who will be responsible for Saab’s marketing and sales operations in Hungary. The position will be based in Budapest and will report to the Head of Country Unit Central & Eastern Europe. Some travelling including overnight stays in the region and abroad (mainly to Czech Republic and Sweden) will be required.
- Drive the activities together with the business units in Sweden to develop business and to achieve order intake in accordance with set targets and strategies for Hungary.
- Responsible for marketing and market growth of Saab’s product portfolio in Hungary.
- Execution of the Saab Winning Business (WB) process for set business prospects.
- Be active in building and maintaining good and strong business relationships with the Hungarian Customer and other key stakeholders on all levels.
- Have an outstanding knowledge about the Hungarian Defence Forces procurement plans and processes, budgets, priorities and procedures.
- Be a respectable team player. Prepare country strategies and market and capture plans.
- Deliver Country Market Plan and Long Term Order Intake Plan.
- Ensure marketing operations costs are within set budget.
- Manage, assess and develop Saab’s local intermediaries and potential partners.
- Create, establish and develop good and strong partnership business models with potential/existing partnering companies from Hungarian defence industry (Industrial co-operation).
- Act as the face for Saab for all partners/customers and act as a role model, in order to strengthen the Saab brand and profile.
- Relevant academic and/or military education. Military experience is desirable.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written Hungarian and English languages. Swedish language is appreciated.
- Deep and comprehensive understanding of the Hungarian public procurement processes, especially for defence, is essential.
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent communication skills and outgoing personality.
- Extensive experience of having a professional network within the Hungarian Defence Forces, governmental and business environment in Hungary.
- Experience of successful marketing and sales results, negotiations and documented leadership skills.
- Have strong project management skills with a capability to drive projects from Business Development to contract
- Proven ability to build and maintain good and strong internal, partner and customer relationships and market networks.
- Broad knowledge of Saab’s product portfolio is desirable.
- Strong project management skills with a capability to drive sales projects from business development to contract.
The role requires an independent-minded person, able to identify and pursue business opportunities, but also willing to contribute as part of a wider team. You are committed to delivering high quality and meeting deadlines in a international environment where decisions are followed by prompt action. You are able to meet high expectations and enjoy taking ownership and responsibility. Your analytical and communication skills enable you to keep focus on and to deal with complex projects and situations simultaneously. Occasional travel to Sweden or other countries in Europe will be required.
What you will be part of
The Chief Marketing Officer office (CMO) covers all global Saab AB marketing and sales activities. The CMO office have 10 Country Units (CU)/Regions/Operational Countries. The Saab established markets within each Country Unit/Region has an office and requires a Head of Country office.
Country Unit Central & Eastern Europe (CU CEE) covers the whole CEE region and the Baltic States. In this Country Unit we have three established countries (Poland, Czech Republic and Hungary) with the main office in Prague. As Head of Country Office Hungary you will be reporting to the Head of CU CEE.
This position requires that you will be approved in a security vetting in accordance to ISO:27001.
Saab AB is a global defence and security company in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 17,400 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one fourth of our earnings are spent on research and development
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people