Head of IT
At Saab, we are constantly looking ahead and pushing boundaries on what´s considered technically possible. Saab is expanding in the UK and we are now seeking an experienced Head of IT to grow our IT operations for our Company in the UK. This is a new key position to enable our growth.
As the Head of IT, you will have significant experience in the IT Industry and demonstrate excellent leadership and interpersonal skills. You will provide vision and leadership for Saab’s IT operational and governance obligations in collaboration with key stakeholders and the Group IT Function. You will provide strategic direction for all IT solutions within the organisation.
- Fulfil the lead role in IT operations and, as the UK rep, actively participate in various Global IT forums;
- Collaborate with Group IT and respective Business Units’ IT functions to identify and support technology solutions for all aspects of IT;
- Creation and management of IT operating budgets; develop cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives;
- Establish IT risk management and compliance monitoring;
- Create and execute an IT Strategic Plan and Operational Planning to achieve business goals;
- Ensure Enterprise Architecture is well-functioning and integrated within the overall Saab Enterprise Architecture function;
- Management of IT projects and tasks, including planning, scheduling and implementation within allocated budgets and controls;
- Collaborate with Head of Security to ensure appropriate Cyber security controls meet the necessary standards and implement IT Security Awareness programmes
- Development and implementation of UK IT policies and best practice;
- Comply with legislation and Company policies, processes and instructions, in accordance with the quality management system;
- Conduct IT audits;
- Develop and maintain Business Continuity Plans relating to IT;
- Perform other duties as assigned, in line with the role.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum degree level qualification in computer science, information technology, engineering or relevant field.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the IT industry with excellent knowledge of IT systems management principles and processes;
- Proven management, organisation and leadership experience with considerable knowledge of business operations, business processes, financials and management;
- Understanding and awareness of information security and how this is applied in operational environments;
- Display high level of personal integrity and professionalism;
- Flexible and adaptable to changing needs of the business with a ‘can-do’ attitude;
This position has tasks including defence secrecy. It therefore requires you to conduct and receive an approved security clearance by responsible authorities.
What you will be a part of
Saab is a global defence and security company in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 18,000+ employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one fourth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is also a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility and good opportunities for advancing in your career. But also a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.