At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
What you will be part of
You will be part of Saab’s expansion in the UK, focusing on the continued growth of our Land Surveillance capabilities and products and on the UK’s requirements in the Land Surveillance domain, with a particular focus on surface-based radars for Ground-Based Air Defence and artillery hunting, and with secondary responsibilities for EW. You will be a key member of a dynamic and inter-connected team that shares experience and information to improve our understanding of customer thinking, thereby increasing the likelihood of successful business capture and contract delivery.
Saab UK Ltd comprises of employees who work in a variety of locations throughout the UK. The job role could be based in Fareham, Farnborough or London, with other locations and work-from-home options to be discussed. There will be regular travel to other office and Customer locations mainly throughout UK and Sweden.
You will engage the Army customer in the UK, at all levels, and across the spectrum of MoD, DE&S, dstl, Army HQ and its elements, plus StratCom and its elements. You will work with partner defence companies in the UK. Within Saab, you will engage with relevant Business Areas and you will establish and maintain close links with relevant Business Unit representatives. You will report to the UK Head of Programmes, Saab Surveillance.
• Deliver Order Intake and gross margin in accordance with set budget.
• Responsibility for executing the Saab Winning Business (WB) process from WB Market Appraisal to WB2.
• Responsible for marketing and sales of all or part of the Saab product portfolio within the UK, focusing primarily on the Surveillance portfolio.
• Travel to other countries and regions, especially to Sweden, will be required.
Your experiences and skills
• Academic, military or other relevant education. Army background with an existing network of contacts within the Army (especially the Royal Artillery) and the wider MoD would be an advantage.
• Have a deep understanding of the UK MoD’s procurement processes.
• Experience from industrial relations and how to build successful partnerships with industry actors, primes as well as small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
• Experience from successful marketing and sales results.
• Experience of negotiation, leadership skills and Industry engagement.
• Have strong project management skills with a capability to drive projects from Business Development to contract.
• Analytic and Strategic skills to identify and develop business, local partnership and your market network.
• Service-minded, flexible and able to work under pressure within tight deadlines and able to maintain a high quality of output.
• Have social skills to build up and maintain partner and customer relationships. Be Saab’s face towards the partner/customer and act as a role model.
• Have strong ability to establish and maintain industrial relations and customer relations.
• Fluent in English, other languages are desirable.
• Have experience of the local business environment in the UK.
You should have an outgoing personality with good communication skills, tenacity and high drive. The role requires an independent-minded person, able to identify and pursue opportunities, but also willing to contribute as part of a wider team. You are committed to delivering high quality and meeting deadlines in a fast moving international environment where decisions are followed by prompt action. You are able to meet expectations and enjoy taking ownership and responsibility. Your analytical and communication skills enable you to keep focus on and to deal with complex issues simultaneously.