We are looking for a Head of M&A, that has experience from supporting an international business in driving strategic M&A work, including strategy development, identification of targets, transaction execution, process development and education. Saab is a growing company in an increasing market and has a clear ambition to increase and its M&A activities.
You will be responsible for our M&A strategy, transaction execution and developing our internal processes and employees. You will work and develop our M&A team, but also work closely with the other functions and business operations to execute on our M&A strategy around the globe. The responsibility also includes developing methods and our business leaders to ensure strategy execution, efficiency and that our deals create value. You will manage relationships with advisors, secure line management coordination and repsonsability, and secure follow-up of previous transactions. You will report to the CFO, Deputy CEO of Saab Group.
The main tasks are:
- Develop and drive execution of Saab M&A strategy
- Develop and maintain the Saab M&A process and methodology
- Secure and lead transaction execution, inclduing due diligence, follow-up from relevant operations and functions, negotiations etc.
- Secure relevant decision material for management and board of directors.
- Valuation and analysis
- Secure stakeholder management internally and externally within the M&A strategy and execution
- Lead and manage the M&A team
- Relevenat university degree
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience
- Very good communication skills in English, verbal and written
- Very good communication skills, analytic, strategic thinking, and good listener
- Very interested in geopolitical, economic and industry development and keen to understand corporate strategy and its implication on the M&A strategy
- Very good in stakeholder management
- Very good negotiation skills
- Performance driven
- Experience froma corporate M&A team
- Experience from corporate banking
- Experience from capital structure or capital solutions work
- Industrial knowledge
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be a part of
You will work closely with the Business Area, and Business Unit, and country heads in the organization as well as closely with the supporting functions like Startegy, Business control, Treasury and Legal. We welcome you to a workplace where we experience high growth in a dynamic and changing market and industry. Saab seek to secure growth organically but also through M&A, adding technology, market precense and capacity. At saab you will be in an open and respectful environment with great competences and assets. At Saab it is vital to work with and through others to secure success. You will report to the CFO, Deputy CEO of Saab Group.