Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a distinctive reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive product and services portfolio provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our high performance team and deliver solutions with purpose.
The Product Portfolio Manager is responsible for the leadership and delivery of all projects within the Maritime Product Group, with overall responsibility for the Enterprise Partnering Agreement (EPA). The portfolio includes significant projects from across the Maritime domain, including internal, Australian and international customers.
The role is accountable for the delivery of major contracts alongside the supervisory leadership of project managers to produce outcomes in a coordinated, programmatic manner. Delivery to budget and customer schedule is critical, while prioritising competing project priorities. As a key member of the Product Group leadership team, the role has significant engagement with resource management and strategy development of the entire Maritime Product Group.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Generate and maintain a master schedule of all project milestones with assignment of key roles against projects
- Monitor and review the execution of projects/tasks, and coordinate activities to achieve the master schedule with associated cost and schedule outcomes;
- Lead the Product Group risk analysis process, ensuring regular and timely review, and actioning mitigation strategies and processes;
- Actively manage the EPA Performance Measurement Framework;
- Work with the Program Director and other Program Managers to initiate and deliver new business to the Maritime Group;
- Create a workplace culture which enables the successful delivery of projects in an environment characterised by high demand and competing priorities;
- Lead and manage resource plans to deliver outcomes; and
- Take responsibility for the performance management of all direct line staff reports and maintain cultural oversight of all staff with the team and the Product Group
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office and 9 day fortnight will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Tertiary qualifications in an engineering or business discipline.
- Significant experience in systems oriented projects (with broad experience in management / supervisory roles).
- Practical experience and theoretical understanding of project management fundamentals.
- Demonstrated negotiation and interrelationship skills with ability to achieve effective outcomes in a multi-disciplined, multi-party environment.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated management and leadership/team building skills, with a track record of mentoring emerging leaders.
- Problem solving skills and a demonstrated ability to develop quick, effective, and reasonable courses of action under pressure.
- Higher order organisational skills with the proven ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines.
- Strong competency in customer relations, stakeholder management and business development.
- Broad based competency in managing complex engineering development projects.
- Demonstrated leadership in delivering complex systems solutions.
- Demonstrated understanding of Defence customers and the Defence industry
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 700 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you will be a part of a collaborative and supportive global organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You will work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, with the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career. The reward system is highly competitive with an emphasis on individual and team performance. The workplace benefits are of a high industry standard with highly competitive salaries and conditions.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.