Head of Program Office
Head of Program Office
We are looking for a person with a strong business understanding and a distinct willingness to develop structures, methods and people, to form a unit within Group Management Operational Excellence function at Saab. Join us in our mission to keep people and society safe!
In the position as Head of Program Office, you will be responsible for setting up a new unit within Operational Excellence.
Your main tasks within this unit will be:
- Responsible line manager for senior project managers
- Drive excellence in our project portfolio in order to secure result, cost and quality
- Ensure efficient way of working in our planning, execution and maintenance of our project portfolio
- Communication to stakeholders ofr intentions, progress and risks
- Support the project managers in handling hinders and risks
- Drive and contribute in our journey of change
This role reports to Saab AB Head of Operational Excellence and is part of the Operational Excellence management team.
You have long experience from project management and leadership roles, from advanced research and development (both HW and SW) companies with complex products. You have the drive and capacity to set and develop structures, identify areas that needs improvement and have perseverance to complete and follow up the work that needs to be performed. You have a strong ability to gather members of the team around a common task and communicate in an effective and clear way.
Required background and experience:
- M.Sc of i.e. Engineering, Economics or Business Management or other relevant academic degree
- Experience from project management in complex technical environment
- Experience from both HW and SW projects
- Skilled in communication
- Leadership and team building experience
- Fluent in English and Swedish, both verbally and in writing
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations of security protection. For positions, requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be a part of
Saab serves the global market with world-leading products, services and solutions from military defense to civil security. With operations on every continent, Saab continuously develops, adapts and improves new technology to meet customers’ changing needs.
Saab is a place for everyone. Operating in a dynamic and unpredictable world, the benefits of a diverse workforce are essential to our success. We need people of different backgrounds, ages and experiences to come together and share their different ideas and perspectives. That’s what makes us able to meet our customers’ needs today and predict the defense challenges of tomorrow.
Group Management Operational Excellence is a new central function, set to drive operational issues with strong focus cross Saab. The function supports the business operations with uniform working methods, digitalization and development of methods in all respects with regard to operational efficiency and operational guidance. This includes, among other things, group-wide processes for product development, project management, procurement, quality management, environment and compliance with various customers' procurement regulations.
Last application date: 2021-10-31