Head of Property & Logistics Procurement
We are looking for a Head of Property & Logistics within Group Procurement that have a proven track record of delivering result, well-developed business acumen and management experience as well as in-depth understanding of procurement processes and supplier compliance.
Saab Procurement has started an exciting journey to drive Operational Excellence and becoming a world leading purchasing organization. We are working in a matrix organization and Group Procurement have a functional responsibility for Global Purchasing at Saab and a business responsibility for indirect material.
Being the Head of Property & Logistics you will have a business responsibility for all indirect material purchasing within your area of responsibility. You will be responsible to drive best in class Category Management and Supplier Relationship Management. In order for you to be successful you need to ensure tight collaboration with the purchasing organizations in the business areas. Your team consists of 11 procurement professionals within the categories Logistics, Production Equipment, Facility Management and Travel Management. The team also consists of a team-leader for the operative buyers.
The main tasks:
- Optimize and manage the full sourcing need within the defined area and governing sourcing, procurement and supplier relationship activities.
- Develop, coach and manage a team of CAM/Strategic Purchasers/Buyers that delivers professional sourcing activities in line with Saab Sourcing process, strategy and business plan.
- Strengthen Saab competitiveness and profitability by minimizing total cost and managing business risk for externally purchased goods and services, while securing the right quality, compliance and delivery focusing on sustainability.
- Secure alignment and cooperation with relevant stakeholders.
- Take part of relevant decision forums (steering committees, boards etc.).
- Approve and /or develop (or delegate) sourcing strategies for assigned categories, strategies should be developed together with stakeholders.
- Secure that the supplier base is audited according to Saab and BA demands.
To fit in this role, you must be highly self-motivated, structured and communicative. You have a proven track record as senior manager in procurement and/or supply chain, expressing integrity in your position while being a true leader. When collaborating with stakeholders, you are confident with the ability to build relationships, influence and provide advice to key decision makers.
Your leadership skills are proven and you are able to work independently, setting your own demanding objectives and translating those into strategic plans with a medium- to long-term view. You focus on achieving success in individual and team projects. Desirably, you also possess a keen interest to develop ways of working using digitalisation.
- Master degree in relevant field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum ten years of relevant experience, in procurement and/or supply chain.
- Highly developed business acumen.
- Excellent leadership skills and previous management experience.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Swedish, written and verbal.
- Proven track record of effective change management.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements in global procurement.
- Exceptional drive.
- Management in matrix organizations
- Experience from defense and/or aviation industry
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be a part of
Saab is a world-leading defense and security company. Saab’s mission is to make people safe by pushing intellectual and technological boundaries. Saab has operations and employees on all continents around the world. Fighter jets, submarines and radars are just some examples of what we do.
Group Procurement is a group function with a functional responsibility for 500 procurement professionals globally and a business responsibility for indirect procurement. Our mission is to create sustainable, efficient and profitable business, challenging ourselves and our suppliers, using high business acumen and a holistic view. During 2021, we have started a Procurement excellence program that will run over the next coming years to develop Saab into a world leading Purchasing organization.
Within Indirect Procurement we support all Business Areas in Sweden with their Procurement needs. We handle a current total annual spend of ~6 billion SEK giving us a strong customer position at the market.
The Group Procurement organization consists of 40 experienced colleagues, primarily of buyers and experts within areas such as Category Management, Supplier Relationship Management, Procure to Pay, Legal, Business analysis, Processes Methods &Tools development and Business Solution Management.
In our team, we have an atmosphere characterized by unpretentiousness; we help each other and share our knowledge with a solution-orientated approach.
Furthermore, we are in a strong ongoing digitalization journey and in a next generation platform (procurement application Hansa) enabling efficient ways of working, stakeholder and supplier interaction, master data analysis and factbased decisions.
Location: Linköping, Stockholm or Gothenburg
You are welcome to send us your application in either Swedish or English.
Recruiting Manager: Kristofer Ternstedt, CPO and head of Group Procurement
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement.
Closing date: 2021-09-19
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.