Head of Quality
We are now recruiting a new Head of Quality, who together with a Quality team, currently with six employees is part of our management team.
Are you an experienced manager in quality management, with experience from the aviation industry? Do you engage to contribute to the cooperation between our centralized quality function and the departments, develop and coach your local team of employees and improve quality support to the projects and operations? Then apply to this challenging and exciting career opportunity!
The central Quality function has the responsibility to support the BU and the BU Management team with
- Lead and coordinate the overall Quality Management topics within the Business Unit/Department and support the operations in general quality topics
- Analysis of customer quality requirements and their consequences for the executing organization
- Define and communicate the utilization of Aeronautics OMS on a level well-adjusted for the Business Unit/Department
- Internal auditing within the BU and our customer contracts as required
- Manage the processes for Strategic objectives & KPI management, Management Review as well as other quality and improvement aspects.
- Secure relevant Quality Management related training to employees within the Business Unit.
As Head of Quality, you will possess strong understanding of the quality requirements impact on our approvals and the link to business success. You will have full managerial responsibility for the quality managers and report to the head of the Business Unit as well as the Business Area Quality Manager.
You will be responsible for reporting quality metrics, collecting input to management reviews and coordinating the local internal audit program as well as external audits from customers, third parties and authorities.
As your field of work spans our entire business, you will work closely with both your employees, line managers, project managers and the Business Unit management team.
You are highly self-motivated, structured and have a proactive approach. Ability to coach and support your employees with good communicative leadership skills is crucial. You demonstrate strategic height, meaning you can connect the overall business plan objectives and operational goals to challenges in the quality management domain.
You are motivated by the challenge in developing efficient ways-of-working while upholding compliance, regarding the two as interdependent. You express true integrity in your role and you are comfortable in leading as a line manager as well as a functional leader. You believe that our behaviours are crucial for our chances to achieve our goals.
To succeed the ideal candidate will have:
- Good understanding and proven knowledge of main industry standards, e.g.ISO 9001/14001/45001/27001 and aviation authority requirements from EASA, SE-EMAR and Swedish Transport Agency.
- Experience with commercial contracts and how to interpret customer requirements.
- Previous line management and leadership experience within the quality area
- Experience from and strong drive for change and improvement management.
- Drive and passion for our products and services
- Experience from internal and external audit management
- Knowledge of Saab’s structure for process management and GMS
- Knowledge and experience of improvement and analytical tools and methodologies, such as root cause analysis
- Strong influencing skills with high levels of engagement
- Fluency in both Swedish and English.
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
Observe that you can send us your application in either Swedish or English.
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement.
Closing date: 2022-01-31
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a learning culture, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to keep people and society safe.