Do you imagine a career that constantly stretches your capabilities and offer you an opportunity to work with the technologies of the future? We offer an exciting opportunity to join a global company with a mission to keep people and society safe.
We are looking for an innovation Manager to lead our expanding Research and Concepts group with responsibility for sensor technology roadmaps within Saab product development.
As Head of Research and Concepts you will be a natural part of the Product Unit Management team reporting directly to the Head of Product Unit Fighter and Sensor Core.
As a manager you will have an important role within this Product Unit, including:
- To be responsible for a highly skilled group of 15-20 engineers, PhD’s and specialists.
- To be responsible for identified technology roadmaps
- To be responsible for interaction with technical universities, research institutes and many of Saab Surveillance organizations to secure technology insertion in line with our product roadmaps
- To lead advanced system studies and for deriving and validating new concepts.
All with the purpose to secure future technical leadership and latest technology for Saab product portfolio.
To be successful in this position you need a genuine interest in technology, the ability to motivate, engage and challenge yourself and others. You are a skilled communicator with the ability to create and maintain a broad contact network and close cooperation. We also value that you have:
- Experience in Strategic-, Roadmap- and technical development planning with a business perspective.
- Passion for innovation, complex technology and product development
- Communicative, structured and performance driven ways of working across sites and organizations
- Focus on importance of building cross functional relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to create a collaborative work environment with transparency, respect and trust among your employees. You support Surveillance overall culture program “Together as One”
At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push technology boundaries for what is considered possible. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our mission – to make the world a safer place.
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be a part of
Business Area Surveillance provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems and command and control solutions.
Business Unit Radar Solutions is a business unit within Surveillance and has around 2000 employees globally in Sweden, USA, Abu Dhabi and UK. Radar Solutions provides airborne, ground-based and naval radar solutions. The business unit has a strong presence in the global defense and security markets, a close relationship with customers and rewarding international collaborations.
Product Unit Fighter & Sensor Core, Saab Business Area Surveillance focus on innovation and system sales for product areas Fighter Radar, Missile Electronics and Sensor Core Platforms with responsibility for all phases of customer interaction from product definition all the way to delivery and maintenance. We use advanced system studies to bring new technology, functionality and performance as well as new concept identification and demonstrator validation into our product roadmap, pursuing also new areas like Artificial Intelligence, Operational Analysis, Advanced Signal Processing and Novel Radar Functionality.
The Research and Concepts group is an innovative group interacting on a daily basis with Universities, Research institutes, Industry and numerous Saab technology centers. They have the responsibility to bring new technology into Saab, to evaluate and to support when included in concepts, demonstrators and finally entered in our product portfolio roadmaps.
The group work closely with Strategy Function, Business Development, Product- and System design management and Engineering across many Saab sites.
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement.
Saab is a company with a strong people-orientation. We offer a friendly work environment where we support and help each other to be at our best. Continuous learning, career & talent development and employee well-being are examples of areas where we always put the strongest effort to offer great opportunities.