Saab is constantly looking ahead and pushes boundaries for what is considered technically possible in order to stay ahead of challenges of today and tomorrow. We have a global collaboration around the world to make it a safer place and we are now hiring a Head of Sourcing & Production to our brand new facility in Fareham, UK. If you have a strong interest in contributing to “Keeping people and society safe” and have senior experience in managing a sourcing and production organisation, then you might be what we are looking for.
As Head of Sourcing & Production UK, you will secure quality, profitability and delivery precision within the sourcing and production flow. Besides working with your own department and be a reliable partner of your management team, you are assigned to deliver on KPI:s, strategies and key initiatives set for the organization. You will be working closly together with the site in Gothenburg, Sweden and travels on a regular basis will be mandatory. You will be an important part of setting up and managing the entity and operation in the UK.
Your main responsibilities includes:
- Empowering and leading your employees through value driven leadership
- Responsibility for operational and strategic goals
- Accountability for all activities within your area, meaning health and safety, quality, delivery capacity, efficiency and finance, recruitments, competence development and participate in future business planning
- Responsibility for optimization and development of processes, methods and tools related to your area of responsibility
- Responsibility for maintaining and developing our Sourcing & Production Strategy work in your department and provide support for implementation in other parts of the organization.
- Take an active role in setting up an ERP/MPS system within the organization
- Build business relationships on executive level with our suppliers and establish professional networks, both internally and external.
- Play a central role in contributing to Surveillance financial targets by driving business performance and in improvements in the Procurement process.
- Key targets are driving high service level towards our customer projects and total cost reduction in supply chain activities.
Your daily work requires excellent communication skills, since you will be facing a wide range of internal and external stakeholders globally. You are result oriented with perseverance, have a strong ability and willingness to lead by example. You encourage an open, trustful and innovative climate in your organization as well as in cooperation with other functions.
Our employees are our most important assets, therefor it is important that you share Saabs values and work with culture related areas both on a strategic level and on a more hands on level.
As a person, we assume you are a role model in business acumen with a strong commercial drive and very comfortable in acting an international environment. You have a a great interest in manufacturing and has a keen interest in Lean and Agile ways of working. You have a coaching leadership and promote motivated and efficient teams, which strive for improvements, reduce cost and deliver on time. You also have a desire to be a part of building up the organization in the UK.
We also assume you have:
- Multiple years in a managerial role including staff supervision
- Proven extensive experience of leadership within sourcing, production and logistics
- Proven experience of both strategic development and tactical operations
- Strong business understanding, customer focus and skills to combine strategic thinking with operational actions
- Bachelor degree in Business Management, Economics or Engineering
- Experience in collaborating with unions
- A strong passion for manufacturing, lean and agile concepts.
- Saab is a project driven company, why experience from high-tech and complex procurement projects is a merit.
- You have the ability to find solutions to strategic challenges and is able to lead an organization towards common goals.
What you will become a part of:
Business Area Surveillance offers effective solutions for surveillance, decision support and systems used to detect and deter different kinds of threats. The product portfolio includes airborne, land based and marine radar systems, systems for signal reconnaissance, command and communications systems as well as systems for leading seafaring vessels and air traffic.
You will be a part of the business unit Radar Solutions that is responsible for the radar development and more specifically the engineering organization with headquarters in Gothenburg Sweden but based in the Farnborough office.
The engineering organization consists of a number of departments where you will belong to the department called Electronics and Embedded Design.