Here you get the chance to contribute to in developing the world's leading combat management systems. Our products are used on marine platforms (ships and boats, above and below the water surface) and the products have the task of compiling information from sensors, data links and weapon systems in order to give the operator the best opportunity to make the right decision. We deliver to customers both in Sweden and abroad.
The role as Head of the Systems department is aimed for you that want to make a difference. This department plays an important role in our product development and you will be a part of the Design management team within business unit Naval Combat Systems. You will lead the System Development management team, which today includes nine first line managers. Together with your team you will:
- Build competence and capability to succeed with our business
- Cooperate closely with important interfaces, for example Programs and Products
- Define and drive both short and long-term goals in line with the strategy
Daily work will be varied; developing people, business and ways-of-working. You will also be involved in discussions regarding product development; from early definition phase of a new product to to the delivery of a complete system.
The main tasks within the System Development management team are:
- Responsibility for Systems Engineering including Speciality Engineering, Test, Integration, Technical Publications, ILS, Ship Integration, Configuration Management and also developing ways of working and process adaptions within those areas
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the 9LV Type-systems
- Supply the right engineering competence at the right time for successful project execution
- Monitor, analyze and act upon the short and long-term need of competence
- Responsible for line budget result and follow-up
Your leadership and cooperation skills are what matters most. Your drive to develop this department to meet the organization’s needs, both short and long -term, will be highly valued. A technical background is important to be relevant for this position and the challenges you will phase. Experience from an industry with low volume series and/or advanced products is a merit.
- Experience in leading and developing people
- An academic degree within a technical field
- Interest in making things better
- Experience of leading leaders
- Systems Engineering background
- Knowledge and experience of project management
Your personality and previous experience will make you successful in leading this department. The focus will be to deliver on time with a transparent communication throughout the whole organization. Knowledge of our 9LV product is a bonus.
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply
What you will be part of
Saab is a leading defence and security company with an enduring mission, to help nations keep their people and society safe. Empowered by its 19,000 talented people, Saab constantly pushes the boundaries of technology to create a safer, more sustainable and more equitable world. Read more about us here.
Business area Surveillance offers world-leading technology for monitoring and decision support to protect against threats. The portfolio covers radar systems, electronic warfare, combat systems as well as safety and security solutions.