Human Resource Manager
At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge to make the world a safer place.
Saab Canada, Inc. is seeking a Human Resources (HR) Manager to work in collaboration with management while further developing and administering HR initiatives and programs. This position will have HR site responsibilities for Canadian office locations in Vancouver, Halifax, Medicine Hat, and Ottawa.
Our mission within the HR function is to develop, implement processes and strategies as well as services within HR that helps Saab achieve its business goals in Canada. The successful applicant will be responsible for all areas of HR including compensation, benefits, compliance, recruitment, onboarding, training, employee relations, Canadian employment law etc. This position will be located in either our Vancouver or Ottawa office.
Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Manage and perform the day-to-day delivery, coordination and administration of HR activities and programs;
• Set up new hire employees on benefit plans and other HR related platforms / systems;
• Work with the management team to develop and promote a culture and work environment that supports each site’s strategic plan and annual operating plans;
• Design and develop HR programs to attract, retain and engage employees are implemented and managed effectively and efficiently;
• Manage full-cycle recruitment activities (i.e. developing job descriptions and job postings, sourcing applicants, provide training and guidance to managers to conduct effective interviews, prepare offer letters, etc.);
• Provide guidance on employee conflict resolution, disciplinary actions and terminations;
• Ensure employee handbook is current with most up-to-date company policies and procedures and Canadian Employment Law;
• Coordinate and collaborate with the Health & Safety representatives across other offices in Canada;
• Build strong relationships with employees throughout the company, both domestically and internationally, liaising between other departments, divisions and stakeholders; and
• Develop, implement and maintain compensation and benefits throughout Canadian operations, ensuring compliance with all Federal and applicable Provincial regulations and reporting requirements.
Your Skills & Experience:
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related discipline
• CPHR designation is preferred
• 5+ years’ relevant work experience in a Human Resources Specialist / Generalist role
• Demonstrated experience in a multicultural, diverse environment. International HR context is an asset
• Expert knowledge in two or more areas of HR: compensation, benefits, recruitment, training, organizational development, etc.
• Must have a strong working knowledge, ability to research, understand, and apply applicable Canadian employment legislation and standards;
• Preferred experience working with Workday or other large HRIS system;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
• Exceptional time management, project planning, and communication skills, both verbal & written;
• Demonstrated experience with employee conflict resolution is preferred; and
• Must be able to travel in Canada to visit the various offices on a bi-annual basis.
• Willingness to work flexible hours, especially during time sensitive situations
Saab is a global defence and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,500 employees worldwide and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and approximately one-fifth of our earnings are invested in research and development.
• Competitive salary
• Workplace flexibility for a balanced work/life approach
• Comprehensive benefits package and wellness program
• Generous company-paid vacation days and holiday time
• Challenging, collaborative and diverse corporate culture
• Ongoing opportunities for learning and career development
Saab is a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility and good opportunities for advancing in your career. But also a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
Saab is an equal opportunity employer. If you are a person with a disability and have a question or may require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Simon Carroll by email at email@example.com
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 10th December 2021.