Human Resources Business Partner – 12 month FTC
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of command and control systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for achieving complex systems integration projects that deliver proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s complex challenges.
From combat, communications and security systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Corporate HR team, the Human Resources Business Partner will play a key role in ongoing development and implementation of HR initiatives that seek to improve the capability of the Saab Australia business and its employees.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Provide guidance and advisory services to staff and management regarding: Remuneration and Benefits Employee Relations, Performance Management, Change Management, Grievance Resolution and Organisational Development
- Undertake the full range of functions for recruitment, selection, appointment and terminations
- Partner with business to influence decisions related to people policy
- Support staff with compliance issues related to people management;
- Liaise with stakeholders to identify resourcing needs
- Contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures based on relevant legislation and contemporary HR management practices which provide an effective, consistent and timely delivery of HR services to the organisation
- Undertake HR project work as directed by the GM HR
Please note that this role is to cover a period of parental leave and will be offered on an initial 12 month fixed term contract.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources or demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Thorough experience working in a HR environment with a proven track record in a HR Business partnering role supporting portfolios
- Knowledge and understanding of contemporary and best practice HR approaches
- Proven experience in grievance resolution and employment relations
- Demonstrated and generalist experience in all HR functions
- Demonstrated ability to manage workload including the ability to prioritise work and meet established timeframes
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including an ability to effectively establish working relationships
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a Baseline clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.