Human Resources Professional, Summer Intern 2022
This summer internship will provide and opportunity for the selected candidate to complete a value-added HR project over the course of the summer, as well as gaining a high level understanding of the broad scope of HR roles within the organization. Some of the tasks assigned may include, but are not limited to:
- Support sourcing activities for current, open positions
- Participate with local HR at local job fairs and hiring events
- Provide analysis of employee pulse survey results
- Assist in the set up and development of employee document portal
- Report on analysis of diversity demographics, and staffing trends by area
- Review and provide process improvement proposal for local onboarding process
- Assist with employee engagement initiatives and activities
- Other tasks as assigned by HRBP
Skills and Experience:
- Current student enrolled in secondary education pursuing Human Resource Management or related field of study; Fall 2022 Junior or Senior student status
- Experience working with HRIS systems is a plus, but not required
- Experience with Survey Monkey is a plus, but not required
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, as well as the aptitude to web-based systems and other HRIS reporting applications.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills; responsiveness and follow through skills are critical.
- Strong sense of integrity, and demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner are critical.
- Proven attention to detail and organizational skills; ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated reliability, a strong work ethic and professional demeanor are a must
Citizenship Requirements:Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a drug screen and background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.