HW Design Engineer
Saab Technology Center is now further expanding its development unit in Tampere and looking for experienced Hardware Designer who will work with the state of the art electronics systems in extremely interesting projects on the area of Electronic Warfare.
As part of a development team, your work spans from understanding system and hardware requirements to fully qualified product. Your daily tasks will consit of product hardware design and testing, product integration and finally the product qualification related matters. Our ambition is to strongly support hardware designers extending their knowledge and experience into systems engineering, product development and be able to develope personal competencies.
- Develop detailed design of complex electrical systems/subsystems
- Select and propose methods and techniques for implementing solutions in leading edge technologies
- Participate of doing functional specifications for electrical and electro-mechanical systems/subsystems, embedded systems and power distribution
- Apply work experience to identify and contribute to process improvements
- Collaborate with other team members, including software, firmware, mechanical engineering, RF engineering, and outside partners to develop the next generation EW systems from concept state into mass productio
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in e.g. Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Hands-on experience in electronic circuit design (analog, digital), development and associated electrical board design, troubleshooting and validation required
- Ability to effectively interface with functional teams and other stakeholders
- Experience estimating size, cost and schedule of a hardware development effort
- Excellent communication skills in English, verbal and written
- Experience with multilayer, high speed analog/mixed signal PCB layout
- Experience with PCB EMI mitigation and signal integrity techniques
- Ability to design for test, manufacturing and reliability
In this position, a drug test and approved security clearance in accordance with the Finnish Security Clearance act 726/2014 is required for the selected applicant.
What you will be a part of
Your work place will be in Saab Technology Center in Tampere but since Saab is a global company this role will require some travelling and being able to communicate with your colleagues abroad.
At Saab Technology Center you will be a part of the Electronic Warfare Systems Business Unit that delivers electronic warfare applications for air, land and naval products. Saab Technology Center contributes to the next generation distributed systems for Electronic Support and Electronic Attack on absolute cutting edge hardware and software.
Saab offers you great opportunities for technical and personal growth. Impressive people build absolutely amazing products with the latest technology on sites all over the world. It is largely up to you how you want to experience this!
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.
Would you like to know more about the Saab-life and the benefits of joining us? Learn more about Saab Life
Please send your Cover letter and CV soonest through Saab Career System. We are processing resumes already during application period.
In case you have any questions regarding the position, recruitment process or simply want to know what is it like to work at Saab: please give a call to our HR Manager Teemu Turkia, tel. +358400883088.