HW Design Engineer - Electronic Warfare
Saab Technology Center is now further expanding its development unit in Tampere and looking for experienced hardware designer who will work with the state of the art electronics systems in extremely interesting projects on the area of Electronic Warfare.
As part of a development team, your work spans from understanding system and hardware requirements to fully qualified product. Your daily tasks will consit of product architectural design, hardware design and testing, product integration and finally the product qualification related matters. Our ambition is to strongly support hardware designers extending their knowledge and experience into systems engineering, product development and be able to develope personal competencies.
- Develop the architecture and detailed design of complex electrical systems/subsystems
- Select and propose methods and techniques for implementing solutions in leading edge technologies
- Participate of doing functional specifications for electrical and electro-mechanical systems/subsystems, embedded systems and power distribution
- Apply work experience to identify and contribute to process improvements
- Collaborate with other team members, including software, firmware, mechanical engineering, RF engineering, and outside partners to develop the next generation EW systems from concept state into mass production
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in e.g. Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Hands-on experience in electronic circuit design (analog, digital), development and associated electrical board design, troubleshooting and validation required
- Experience developing system requirements, architecture and design
- Ability to effectively interface with functional teams and other stakeholders
- Experience estimating size, cost and schedule of a hardware development effort
- Fluent (both orally and in writing) in Finnish and in English
- Previous experience from military and aerospace technologies is considered a plus
- SoC and RF SoC architectures, design and implementation is considered a plus
- High-speed ADC, DAC and power conversion
- Experience with multilayer, high speed analog/mixed signal PCB layout
- Experience with PCB EMI mitigation and signal integrity techniques
- Ability to design for test, manufacturing and reliability
What you will be a part of?
Your work place will be in Saab Technology Center in Tampere, but since Saab is a global company this role will require some travelling and being able to communicate with your colleagues abroad. At Saab Technology Center you will be a part of the Electronic Warfare Systems Business Unit that delivers electronic warfare applications for air, land and naval products.
Saab Technology Center contributes to the next generation distributed systems for Electronic Support and Electronic Attack on absolute cutting edge hardware and software. Saab offers you great opportunities for technical and personal growth. Impressive people build absolutely amazing products with the latest technology on sites all over the world. It is largely up to you how you want to experience this!
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.
Would you like to know more about the Saab-life and the benefits of joining us? Read our People Philosophy.
Please send your application and CV trough Saab Career System. Please note: The application period is longer than usual due to the summer holiday season; hence we will start the interviews in early August, right after the holidays!
In this job, some of your tasks have a connection to defence secrecy. Therefore, a drug test and approved security clearance in accordance with the Finnish Security Clearance act 726/2014 is required for the selected applicant.