ICT Field Support Engineer
ICT Field Support Engineer
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Civil group, the ICT Field Support Engineer will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance and lifecycle activities of Saab’s OneView software solution. This role will see you provide in-person ICT support as required across the various sites (local, interstate and overseas) where Saab’s OneView security software is installed.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Travel to various sites across Australia and New Zealand as required to provide in-person ICT/engineering support. Attendance and work in sites such as active correctional facilities may be required.
- Plan and perform in consultation with the Support Supervisor routine and preventative maintenance activities in accordance with contractual obligations. Systems include SMS, CCTV, Access Control, Intruder Alarm, Video Analytics, Base Wide Alert, Intercom, Networks.
- Provide first line site, phone and on-call based support for systems deployed by Saab, and for Saab OneView™ software installations.
- Support integration partners in deploying Saab’s OneView system installations and firmware upgrades
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office, 9 day fortnight and part time (0.8 FTE minimum) will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- At least 2 years professional experience in the deployment and management of networking and the virtualisation of clustered systems
- Experience with security systems IT hardware (for example network hardware, workstation build and modification, servers and storage array) and troubleshooting.
- Security Installers License for NSW, VIC, ACT, SA and/or QLD (or ability to obtain one)
- Experience with security related sub-systems such as Access Control, CCTV, duress systems, perimeter detection systems, biometrics, key safes and intercoms
- Experience with SAN deployment and management, virtualisation trouble shooting, backup and recovery planning, deployment and management. (desirable)
- Advanced knowledge of VMware ESXi virtualisation concepts and practice. (desirable)
A Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 600 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.