ICT Infrastructure Engineer
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of Saab’s IT group, the Infrastructure Engineer will play a key role in contributing to the design, deployment and ongoing support of Saab’s enterprise wide network and systems, whilst maintaining a customer focus on service and support to the user community.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Design, Implement and Support Enterprise Environments and Infrastructures
- Troubleshoot and resolve assigned incidents or service requests whilst ensuring prompt professional service
- Support system installations, problem solving and testing to ensure the availability, validity and reliability of Saab’s computing environments;
- Liaise and maintain working relationships with key staff, projects and partners to resolve issues and faults as well as for the development of solutions
- Participate in an On Call roster providing 24x7 support coverage
- Some domestic travel may be required to provide support to other Saab offices
Your skills and experience will include:
- Robust experience working within an infrastructure support team, or similar, supporting corporate infrastructure systems and platforms.
- A sound understanding of the following technology areas:
- Virtualisation Technologies, i.e. VMware
- Linux operating systems
- Microsoft technologies, i.e. Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Active Directory, DNS, etc.
- Backup technologies, i.e. Commvault, Veeam
- Network and Firewall technologies, i.e. Cisco, Palo Alto, FortiNet
- Broad knowledge and experience deploying, administering and managing enterprise environments
- Fundamental understanding and awareness of information security and how this is applied in operational environments
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills to enable effective communication and interaction with other people at appropriate levels of an organisation
As an NV2 Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.