ICT Infrastructure Engineer – Electronic Security
Saab Australia is a security, defence and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of command and control systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for achieving complex systems integration projects that deliver proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s complex challenges.
From combat, communications and security systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for civil industries and defence forces across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of the Infrastructure and Deployment team within our Civil Solutions group, the Infrastructure Engineer will play a key role in assembling, deploying, configuring, commissioning and sell-off of complex ICT infrastructure components to meet requirements for current and future Electronic Security projects, centred around Saab’s OneView physical security information management system.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Drive deployment of discrete ICT infrastructure components, utilising COTS software and hardware
- Deliver discreet infrastructure components in accordance with approved reference designs by others, and by utilising knowledge and skills as a SME
- Provide review and feedback of reference designs and suggest other improvements (e.g. efficiency, solution cost, TCO) to ensure best outcomes for the organisation
- Estimate, plan and proactively status progress on allocated work, and contribute to and coordinate with others to ensure the successful delivery of services
- Provide technical review of documents, configurations and other artefacts in accordance with company or project requirements
- Create documentation to capture design decisions and implementation details, to ensure the consistent delivery of infrastructure components to others
Please note that this role will be offered on an initial 12 month fixed term contract.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Professional experience in an ICT or technical role, dealing with customers, end-users and contractors
- Strong self-motivation, organisational and critical thinking skills, with the ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent verbal, written (including technical writing) and interpersonal communication skills
- Technical experience in some of the following tools and technologies is desired:
- High availability & redundancy solutions
- Server based virtualisation solutions
- Windows server management
- Workstation configuration & management i.e. Dell
- OEM software configuration, management & licensing
- HP, Aruba, Dell, Moxa, Cisco, Fortigate networking
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.