ICT Solutions Architect
At Saab Australia, we’re pioneering Australia’s defence capability with ongoing development of advanced defence and security technologies. Saab develops everything from combat, communications and security systems, to mixed reality cyber security and deployable health solutions.
Over the past 10 years Saab Australia has revolutionised the delivery of security solutions in the corrections market with innovative security products and best in class project delivery. We are now seeking our employees-of-tomorrow to join us on our growth journey. Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As the ICT Solutions Architect in Civil Solutions, you will lead the design and delivery of complex ICT solutions to meet customer requirements of current and future Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) solution projects.
Further, as the successful candidate, you will:
- Perform requirements analysis and determine tasks for projects
- Design high level solutions and create WBS for the solution implementation
- Propose design decisions throughout the project life cycle
- Oversight of the implementation of technical solutions
- Technical review of documents, configurations and artefacts in accordance with project requirements
- Provide design and assistance to engineering teams during design, development, test and support phases
- Creation of documentation to capture design decisions and instructions to support integration partners
- Travel for initial design and deployment of project deliverables
- Attend and work in sites such as active correctional facilities
Your skills and experience will include:
- A technology or engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Designing and implementing ICT infrastructure platforms that incorporate third party subsystems
- Following engineering processes to produce high quality deliverables
- Project related activities including:
- High availability and redundancy solutions
- Server based virtualisation solutions
- Windows server management
- Infrastructure connectivity and monitoring
- Backup and recovery solutions
- Workstation configuration and management
- OEM software configuration management and licensing
- Automated deployment solutions
- Datacentre design
- Database Solutions
- Advanced VMware vSphere concepts
- Experience in one or more scripting languages (PowerShell, VBS, .bat, Python, Perl, etc)
- Security subsystems like Gallagher, Lenel, Geutebruck, Genetec, Jacques, etc (desirable)
- Dell servers and workstations, BackupExec, Solarwinds, Microsoft Clustering (desirable)
As a defence security (NV1) clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience. By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace and have the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information on our offering, you may visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.