Industry 4.0 Domain Architect
As a high technology, aerospace and defence company Saab is growing in multi country by investing R&D and modern product portfolio and international expansion. Besides Saab is executing digital transformation efforts within Saab business areas both in product portfolio and operations. In all those areas, IT plays an important role in enabling strategies:
- Increased digitalization in products and ways of working
- Invest in modern technologies such as automation, cyber, cloud and space
- Continuing to create a truly inclusive and performance driven culture
In our growing IT organization, we are now hiring a Senior IT Domain Architect to lead an important role in the digital transformation efforts.
“Industry 4.0 Domain Architect”
- Overarch Industry 4.0 requirements in close cooperation with the Enterprise Architecture office
- Collaborate with manufacturing digitization leader to develop strategy, framework, standards and governance in support of Saab Business Area Industry 4.0 initiatives.
- Develop technical requirements, reference architectures, and specifications for digital manufacturing solutions in order to ensure consistent approach
- Manage and lead proofs-of-concept efforts to determine value propositions.
- Lead and manage the technical design, development and validation work during projects
- Align closely with security and OT teams to ensure implementations meet security requirements.
- Oversee engineering of solutions to ensure scalability and reliability based on requirements and sizing assessments.
- Coordinate integration of solutions with systems and third-party software, regardless of platform (on premesis/cloud).
- Work directly with internal customers and interface with support teams and partners to resolve problems.
- Guide solution/product owners in service delivery / product development and maintenance model
- Secure compliance with strategies, regulations, standards and policies for proposed solutions
You will report to the head of “Development & Manufacturing IT Services“. This department delivers tailored IT-services to Saabs business and have the responsibility of realizing digitalisation initiatives according to business roadmap and targets.
You are the right candidate if you meet these criteria’s:
- You are an IT-architect with a strong experience of Industry 4.0 - smart factory, digital twin and Internet of Things programs.
- You have strategic drive and ambition to develop and manage an Open Source Industry 4.0 architecture in an industry having tough information security and compliance requirements, legacy applications, and several business areas with different requirements
- You have the ability to communicate designs and decisions to peers, customers and management
- You have experience working with external or internal staff across all hierarchy levels
- You have minimum 10 years of architecture and development experience
- You have implementation experience or good level of knowledge on most/all of the following skills:
- Application integration or SOA design patterns
- Cloud native technologies
- Messaging technologies (Kafka etc. ), Web services ( REST) , Device protocols / communication MQTT, OPC – UA ) , middleware, cloud technologies, field gateways, data management
- Information security and compliance framework implementation – NIST etc.
- Applications lifecycle management tools and methods
- Data platform development and management
- Internet of Things Solutions experience with IT – OT convergence understanding
- Knowledge and understanding of all architectural levels, information architecture
- Architecture frameworks and models such as TOGAF and EA tools
- Discrete manufacturing experience preferred
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in IT, information systems, engineering
- You have excellent communication skills in both Swedish and English
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
Your location can be flexible but travelling between Saab locations in Sweden will be required.
For more information about the position, please contact hiring manager:
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. Last application day 2021-08-31.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.