At Saab's new advanced manufacturing operation in West Lafayette, IN, we are seeking an intern to join our local Finance Team. The ideal candidate is pursuing a B.S degree in Finance, Accounting or Management, with an interest in Aerospace, and is able to work as a team to problem solve. Some of the tasks assigned to this internship may include, but are not limited to:
- Support finance team in analyzing current business trends to support leadership’s operational decision-making process
- Participate in day-to-day accounting operations and period closing activities, including balance sheet and income statement account reconciliations and expense variance analysis
- Gain real world working knowledge of ERP systems
- Work closely with Finance leadership to identify and execute on continuous improvement efforts
- Assist in driving a people first culture in alignment to Saab leadership vision.
- Final formal presentation to leadership and team members about achievements and experience.
Skills and Experience:
- Enrolled in an accredited four-year university, pursuing Accounting/Finance
- Completion of Sophomore year of academic curriculum
- Proficiency in use of Excel and familiarity with other financial tools
- Excellent communication and team building experience.
- Ability to be self-driven and deliver a high quality of work.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to drive and lead change. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to meet the following criteria: (i) pass a drug screen and (ii) be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (unless granted an accommodation permitted by law and then in compliance with Saab’s requirements related to the accommodation, if any).
Saab provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, work-life balance, business-casual atmosphere and comprehensive benefits:
Medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and dependents
Paid time off including: minimum of 3 weeks vacation, 5 floating holidays, 8 designated holidays, 3 weeks personal illness, bereavement, jury duty and disability
401(k) with immediate vesting on employer match
Employee assistance programs
Employee stock purchase program with employer match
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.