As Saab has started a new advanced manufacturing operation in West Lafayette, IN, we are seeking a Quality Engineer Intern to assist our team in developing a world-class Quality function. The ideal candidate is pursuing a B.S. degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology, with an interest in Aerospace, and is able to work as a team to problem solve.
Responsibilities will include:
- Apply acquired knowledge from relevant coursework in an accredited degree program to real-work practices.
- Assist with tasks in the Quality business area. Job duties will vary, but are designed to meet the development needs of the student, as well as, provide a medium for the completion of project tasks.
- Learn about and assist in implementation and execution of the Quality Management System principles and processes for this new site.
- Support process development by integrating quality policy into procedures and continual process improvement.
- Monitor the assembly cycle and perform regular tests/inspections to identify potential non-conformances as early as possible.
- Monitor and analyze risk while assisting with risk mitigation plans with root cause analysis and systemic problem solving.
- Learn about and participate in internal audits to ensure process maturity and capability while ensuring compliance for our customer, production, and supply chain functions.
- Work with Quality team members to learn about quality principles and systems.
Skills and Experience:
- Enrolled in Bachelor’s degree program in Business, Engineering, Quality, or similar field, at an accredited university.
- Completed Sophomore year in academic curriculum.
- Coursework or previous experience with Quality Systems, testing and inspection methodologies.
- Excellent communication and team building experience.
- Ability to be self-driven and deliver a high quality of work.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to meet the following criteria: (i) pass a drug screen and (ii) be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (unless granted an accommodation permitted by law and then in compliance with Saab’s requirements related to the accommodation, if any).
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.