Build your resume experience and enhance your marketability with real-work, hands-on practice! Saab in West Lafayette is in search of a motivated, enthusiastic student concentrating in Supply Chain with an interest in Aerospace, to apply their studies through a paid Supply Chain Internship opportunity for Summer 2024.
Responsibilities and learning opportunity will include:
- Completion of a designated internship project, as assigned by the department manager. The project will be designed to provide the student an opportunity to practice skills and apply knowledge (coursework) by leading and facilitating a supply chain project with deliverable expectations and providing value-added impact to the operation.
- Partner with assigned mentor to solicit feedback and direction as needed, regarding the project assignment.
- Job duties will vary but are designed to meet the development needs of the student, as well as provide context or the completion of project task(s).
- Provide support in coordinating the Return Material Authorization process with suppliers and help to insure and resolve purchase orders and invoices.
- Assist with tasks such as prepare, organize, and maintain electronic purchasing records and data documenting performance and compliance.
- Provide support to obtain best total landed cost.
- Communicate with vendors and assist in expediting of material.
- Develop a Plan For Every Part and identify point of use for materials.
- Aid in running and preparing report, pick list, and schedules.
- Participate in basic Lean projects.
- Provide support to planning and scheduling.
Compensation Range: $20 - $22/hr
The compensation range provided is a general guideline. When extending an offer, Saab, Inc. considers factors including (but not limited to) the role and associated responsibilities, location, and market and business considerations, as well as the candidate's work experience, key skills, and education/training.
Skills and Experience:
- Completed Freshman year or greater at time of hire.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Prior intern experience is preferred, but not required.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Willingness and excitement to learn and take on new challenges.
- Ability to be self-driven and deliver a high quality of work.
- Ability to drive and lead change. Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Saab is a federal government contractor and adheres to policies and programs necessary for sustaining drug-free workplaces. As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Saab is a leading defense and security company with an enduring mission, to help nations keep their people and society safe. Empowered by its 19,000 talented people, Saab constantly pushes the boundaries of technology to create a safer, more sustainable and more equitable world. In the U.S., Saab delivers advanced technology and systems, supporting the U.S. Armed Forces and the Federal Aviation Administration, as well as international and commercial partners. Headquartered in Syracuse, New York, the company has business units and local employees in eight U.S. locations.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.