Your future role
As IT Line Manager, you will be responsible for managing our highly competent people, employees as well as consultants with competences for maintaining and developing corporate IT environments such as Software Developers, Network Engineers and System Administrators.
In your role you will work in close collaboration with Service Owners and Service Managers, who are responsible for delivering and developing our IT services. You will report to Head of Tailored Infrastructure.
Your main responsibilities/tasks
- Manage and be accountable for all personnel within your organization
- Resource Management (resource planning, request management and consultant management)
- Recruitment and on-boarding as well as off-boarding of employees and consultants
- Competence development and strategic workforce planning
- Manage and reduce risks in regards to single competencies and critical resources
- Collaboration with key stakeholders
- Personnel budget within your organisation
- Manage occupational health, safety, risk issues as well as personnel security
At Saab IT, we are currently developing our ways-of-working. You are expected to be a role model in this transformation and to be an active driver in the continuous improvement toward a more cross-functional and agile way of working. You will be located in Göteborg with occasional/monthly travel to our Järfälla site.
To succeed in the role, you must be proactive, future oriented and have a great interest in people development. Furthermore, we believe you have a customer oriented and business-like focus, with a good analytical and solution focused mindset. You are an excellent team player but also used to working independently. Your most important quality is that you have the will, interest and commitment to learn.
For the role of IT Line Manager, we believe that you have the following skills or experiences:
- Acknowledged leadership skills
- Experience from people management and resource planning
- You are positive, engaging and enjoy working in a changing environment
- Experience in IT Service Management
- Excellent communicative skills in both Swedish and English
- Master/Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent work experience within relevant areas
You can send us your application in either Swedish or English. This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement.
What you will be part of
Saab is in an expansion phase that will challenge all parts of the company and we are changing our Group IT organization to cope with the new and changing demands from our businesses and customers. Group IT is a central organization responsible for IT deliveries and services to whole of Saab.
Saab is a leading defence and security company with an enduring mission, to help nations keep their people and society safe.
Empowered by its 19,000 talented people, Saab constantly pushes the boundaries of technology to create a safer, more sustainable and more equitable world. Read more about us here
Saab designs, manufactures and maintains advanced systems in aeronautics, weapons, command and control, sensors and underwater systems.
Saab is headquartered in Sweden. It has major operations all over the world and is part of the domestic defence capability of several nations.
Saab is a company with a strong people-orientation. We offer a friendly work environment where we support and help each other to be at our best. Continuous learning, career & talent development and employee well-being are examples of areas where we always put the strongest effort to offer great opportunities.