Managers to Saab IT
Are you a committed Manager and a Leader who wants to be a part of designing tomorrow's IT at Saab?
Saab is currently expanding internationally towards becoming a multi-domestic company. In this process, IT plays an important role in facilitating and enabling collaboration. Data has never been as important as it is today. Sharing, collecting, storing, using and capitalizing on data is one important component for all Saab's product areas. Information technology will bring improvements in practically every area and Saab will utilize this by incorporating IT even closer to our core business. Some areas that Saab IT will need to put extra effort in are:
- Increased digitalization in products and ways of working
- Invest in modern technologies such as automation, cyber, cloud and space
- Continuing to create a truly inclusive and performance driven culture
As a Leader at Saab, it is important that you have the ability to build trust, be communicative and drive change together with your team!
To meet the expanding needs and demands of Saab IT is looking for new managers to lead new areas responsible for specific IT competences not yet fully established
As a manager within SAAB IT you will manage a competence area which have several responsibilities:
- Provide common competences used in services, projects or assignments
- Method support & process improvements within competence areas
- Closely follow the market trends and continuously updates skills and capabilities to be able to take SAAB into the future
- Implement efficient use of partners to ensure best business value for Saab
- Drive continuous improvements with Program & Projects closely collaborating with IT operations
- Using DevSecOps Methodology and Agile way-of-working
We seek three managers to be responsible for three main areas
Automation and Enterprise processes – Digitally automating workflows and processes. Continually working with best practices, standard models, reference solutions while considering information and security Mgt.
Digitalization and Data engineering – Driving Saabs competencies within information services analytics – data lake, digital twins, autonomous systems and connectivity.
Modern and secure infrastructure – Designing and building the next level high security infrastructure platforms to enable a secure network and access to secure connectivity, utilizing an isolated secure cloud solution based on standards and scalable blueprint.
As a Manager your main tasks are:
- Develop and coach your staff to meet both present and future needs within the IT organization
- Keeping on top of market and technology evaluation within your area making sure Saab utilize the best technologies available.
- Maintain and develop a broad network of relations both within SAAB as well as with suppliers and Industry colleagues.
- Develop and manage methods and processes within your area.
- Facilitate cross service improvements.
You will be part of SAAB IT’s Resource & Competence Center’s Management Team and report directly to Head of Resource & Competence Center.
You are already today a skilled manager and business leader. You are comfortable being accountable for executing and enabling the strategy set by the SAAB and integrating policies across several departments, as well as contribute to strategic policy decisions.
You also promote openness and trust and you have the courage to make tough decisions, putting business first, but also addressing the people side when challenges occur.
- Academic degree in IT/Systems Management/Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a manager
- Excellent communication skills in Swedish and English, verbal, written and presentation
- Strong leadership skills
- Business Acumen
- Managing third party vendors and developing partnership
- Process enhancement and business alignment
- Broad technical Knowledge
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience from similar organizations
- Financial Management
- Experience in driving change
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.
Feel free to send us your application in either Swedish or English.
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement.
What you will be a part of
IT is a core business enabler and vital for Saab’s competitive advantage. Saab has a clear vision to continue to grow internationally. For Saab IT this means that we need to develop our capabilities to efficiently support this growth.
Since late 2019 there has been an ongoing work establishing a new Saab common IT Operating Model together with the Business Areas, a model describing how Saab IT will be functioning in order to provide the best value possible for Saab.
This is an ongoing process and neither your role nor the organization is fixed. You will be a part of the transformation, shaping the new Saab IT for future needs.