IT Solution Architect - Industry 4.0
We are looking for a person that really know how to make things happen and would love to be a part of our journey setting up a specialist centre supporting the whole of Saab with IT competence.
Saab is currently expanding internationally with the goal to becoming a multi-domestic company while at the same time acting according to security and government regulations without losing the focus on delivering in accordance with the business needs. IT plays an important role on this journey and in order to build for the future we look for talented individuals.
You are an IT Solution Architect with a strong focus on the industry 4.0 strategy, technologies and concepts who wants to take an active part in various projects in a creative environment with a lot of skilled colleagues and the latest technologies available.
- Overarch Industry 4.0 requirements in close cooperation with the Enterprise Architecture office
- Collaborate with manufacturing digitization leader to develop strategy, framework, standards and governance in support of Saab Business Area Industry 4.0 initiatives.
- Develop technical requirements, reference architectures, and specifications for digital manufacturing solutions in order to ensure consistent approach
- Manage and lead proofs-of-concept efforts to determine value propositions.
- Lead and manage the technical design, development and validation work during projects
- Align closely with security and OT teams to ensure implementations meet security requirements.
- Oversee engineering of solutions to ensure scalability and reliability based on requirements and sizing assessments.
- Coordinate integration of solutions with systems and third-party software, regardless of platform (on premesis/cloud).
- Work directly with internal customers and interface with support teams and partners to resolve problems.
- Guide solution/product owners in service delivery/product development and maintenance model
- Secure compliance with strategies, regulations, standards and policies for proposed solutions
You will report to the head of “Digitalisation and Industry IT“. This section is responsible for driving the digitalisation and Industry 4.0 initiatives and the handovers to the maintenance organization.
You are the right candidate if you meet some of these criteria´s:
- You are a Solution IT-architect with a strong experience of Industry 4.0 - smart factory, digital twin and Internet of Things programs.
- You have a strategic drive and ambition to develop and manage an Open Source Industry 4.0 architecture in an industry having tough information security and compliance requirements, legacy applications, and several business areas with different requirements
- You have the ability to communicate designs and decisions to peers, customers and management
- You have experience working with external or internal staff across all hierarchy levels
- You have minimum 10 years of architecture and development experience
- You have implementation experience or good level of knowledge on most/all of the following skills:
- Application integration or SOA design patterns
- Cloud native technologies
- Messaging technologies (Kafka etc. ), Web services ( REST) , Device protocols / communication MQTT, OPC – UA ) , middleware, cloud technologies, field gateways, data management
- Information security and compliance framework implementation – NIST etc.
- Applications lifecycle management tools and methods
- Data platform development and management
- Internet of Things Solutions experience with IT – OT convergence understanding
- Knowledge and understanding of all architectural levels, information architecture,
Architecture frameworks and models such as TOGAF, IASA and EA tools
- Discrete manufacturing experience preferred
- You have a University degree in IT, information systems or engineering
- You have excellent communication skills in both Swedish and English
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be a part of
As part of the new Resource & Competence Centre, we are on a mission to provide the whole of Saab IT with a centre of excellence and a home for experts for the competences needed for Saab's diverse portfolio of projects and services.
Within the organisation Business Analysis & Architecture we focus on specialists within the areas of requirement and business analysis and IT Architecture. We are primary partner in early stages and projects, we help Saab’s business grow by developing new and improve existing solutions within the development environments nationally and internationally.
Observe that you can send us your application in either Swedish or English.
The position is preferable stationed in Linköping, Stockholm, Järfälla, Göteborg or Huskvarna.
During the summer, it may take some time before you receive an update. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. Last application day 2021-08-31.
Read more about us here
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.