IT Support Engineer
At Saab, we are constantly looking ahead and pushing boundaries on what´s considered technically possible. Saab is expanding in the UK and we are now seeking a passionate, talented and highly motivated IT Support Engineer.
Working as an on-site IT engineer at Saab you will support the main offices such as Farnborough, Fareham, London, Hull, Westbury and the remote satellite sites. During the visits to those sites the main duties will be, but not limited to:
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues in a systematic way
- Creation and maintenance of a knowledge base articles
- Ownership and management of Incidents and Service Requests from creation through to resolution using our platform leading ITSM tool – ServiceNow
- Asset management tasks such as providing approved hardware, replacement/upgrade of hardware or retiring hardware as required.
- Warranty Support from vendors
- Printer Management
- Management and support of IT Conference room equipment
- Staying up-to-date within the IT sphere
Skills and Experience
Do you have the following?
- 1-3 years working in an IT Desktop Support role?
- Over 3 years’ experience troubleshooting Hardware, Software and OS’s?
- Do you have exceptional knowledge of Windows OS?
- Do you have exceptional knowledge of MDM?
- Knowledge of network troubleshooting and IP configuration
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to prioritise workload
We’re looking for an individual who is committed to setting the bar high and maintaining those standards, has the experience, knowledge and flexibility to handle all incidents or requests that may arise.
To be successful you will need to be customer and business focused, be able to work independently but show skills of a team player who can contribute and share knowledge, communicate with various types of people in a technical and non-technical way and willing to learn!
Who are we?
Saab is a global defence and security company in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 18,000+ employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one fourth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is also a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility and good opportunities for advancing in your career. But also a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people