IT Support Professional
Saab, Inc. is seeking a motivated IT Support Professional to become an integral part the IT organization in our Syracuse, NY office.
Hardware support responsibilities will include:
- Perform installation, repair and troubleshooting-related tasks for Windows 10 desktops, laptops and peripherals
- Perform user-requested Moves/Upgrades/Replacements on an ad-hoc basis
- Diagnose hardware-related problems using various skills and test procedures
- Create and maintain documentation and inventory records of all tracked hardware in CA and Microsoft service manager platforms
- Accurately track all activities using service management software
- Support Microsoft Lyn/Skype For Business IP phone and Unified Messaging voice mail system, including handsets, headsets and client software.
- Set up, troubleshoot and configure conference room hardware (Lync\Polycom phones, computers, projectors, PA systems)
Software support responsibilities will include:
- Utilize operating system imaging via Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager for all desktops/laptops
- Post-imaging, confirm and test operating system updates and standard suite of applications to each new computer
- Ensure returned computers are imaged before redeployment to retain critical data
- Secure manager approvals for user requests for software or folder access
- Install software on an ad-hoc basis, both when replacing hardware and in response to user service requests
- Track software installations to ensure compliance with licensing tools
- Perform anti-virus checks and scans as needed
- Troubleshoot and repair a vast array of software-related problems, use company escalation procedures when needed.
Skills and Experience:
- Associate's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline. Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- General knowledge and experience with configuring/ troubleshooting Windows-based computers in a business environment with Active Directory
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic Network knowledge (TCP/IP, routing, VPN)
- Excellent Organizational and time management skills
- Excellent customer service follow-up skills
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.