IT/Security Support Officer
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of Saab’s IT group, the IT/Security Support Officer will be a key member of Saab’s IT Support Desk focusing on providing 1st, 2nd & 3rd level support to all staff. In addition, this unique role will entail performing security officer duties at Saab’s Melbourne office.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Troubleshoot and resolve assigned incidents and/or service requests whilst ensuring prompt professional service
- Maintain, update and create operational, support and end user documentation
- Undertake day-to-day administrative duties, such as:
- Account management;
- File & Print Services Management;
- Installation, configuration and support of corporate and enterprise wide support tools, systems, applications and technologies; and
- Stock management.
- Assist Saab’s Agency Security Advisor on the implementation of site specific security programs
- Work with building facility management in the maintenance of security related aspects of Saab’s facilities
- Facilitate DS&VS audits and visits, security inspections and manage the facility access control and access cards.
- Participate in an On Call roster providing after hours Security support, if required
Your skills and experience will include:
- You have a good working understanding of technologies, such as:
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Windows 10 / Microsoft Office 2016 and Microsoft SCCM
- Basic Network fundamentals, such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Good all round client facing skills with the ability to communicate technical information to a variety of audiences
- Fundamental understanding and awareness of information security and how this is applied in operational environments
- Ability to work with limited supervision and able to work under pressure
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.