Junior Embedded SW Developer
Saab Technology Center in Tampere is looking for an enthusiastic Embedded SW Developer to work in entry-level role in an R&D team developing complex electronic warfare systems. At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push the boundaries for what is technically possible – embrace your chance to join a team of skilled and motivated professionals!
As part of our R&D team, you will collaborate closely with system, HW and RF engineers in the design and development of highly innovative electronic warfare products using cutting-edge embedded technology (e.g. SoC-FPGAs). Our development projects offer a wide range of opportunities to grow and learn from different angles of the product development cycle, from specification to laboratory and qualification testing.
The main tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and implementing software as part of a product development team
- Writing well-structured, testable, efficient, and maintainable code for systems including embedded Linux on multi-processor SoCs, PCs and low-end microcontrollers
- Contributing in code reviews
- Support for board bring-up and product validation, collaboration with developers from different areas like RF, HW, FPGA
This entry-level role suits for a recent graduate with relevant educational background within embedded software domain, or with similar background. You do not need to master everything immediately, but willingness to learn is a must. We are flexible with the work contents, and exact responsibilities can be tailored based on your existing experience.
To succeed in the intended role, the minimum requirements are:
- MSc or BSc in software development or computer science or corresponding discipline
- Some experience in C/C++ (Linux environment)
- Familiar with agile development methodologies and DevOps
- Fluent communication and collaboration skills both in Finnish and in English, verbal and written
Skills that will make work easier but are not mandatory:
- Knowledge about FPGAs
- Familiar with scripting languages, e.g Python, Matlab
- Knowledge in embedded Linux, Yocto, bootloaders and device drivers
- Experience in SW development related to RF/Modem or signal processing technologies
- Experience in HW bring-up support and debugging
- Ability to review schematics and read data-sheets
The position entails to working with classified information. Therefore, a drug test and approved Security Clearance in accordance with the Finnish Security Clearance act 726/2014 is required for the selected applicant.
What you will be a part of?
Your work place will be at Saab Sensor Technology Center in Tampere downtown. However, since Saab is a global company, this role requires fluent communication with colleagues abroad, and may require some travelling.
In addition to extremely interesting projects, we can offer you unique career opportunities where on-going training and development is also provided to help you build your career! We are big enough to offer a wide range of opportunities, but agile enough to be noticed and recognized.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.
Would you like to know more about the Saab-life and the benefits of joining us? Check out the Saab People Philosophy.
Please send your Cover letter and CV soonest through Saab Career System.
We are processing applications already during application period.
In case you have any questions regarding the position, recruitment process or simply what is it like to work at Saab - please give a call to our HR Manager Teemu Turkia, tel. +358400883088.