Junior FPGA Engineer
Saab Technology Center in Tampere is looking for an enthusiastic FPGA Engineer to work in entry-level role in an R&D team developing complex electronic warfare systems. At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push the boundaries for what is technically possible – embrace your chance to join a team of skilled and motivated professionals!
As part of our R&D team, you will have an opportunity to work with multi-disciplinary designer team in the definition and development of FPGA designs for digital RF systems. Our projects offer a wide range of opportunities to grow and learn, including using cutting-edge embedded technologies (e.g. SoC-FPGAs), understanding the system, requirements and architectural planning as well as doing the actual design and verification. Participating in laboratory testing to ensure that the designs fulfill performance expectations and meet the required high quality standards offers great opportunity to learn about system debugging and product qualification.
The main tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Module specification and design (VHDL), simulations and testing
- Integration and implementation on FPGA, analysis to ensure design meets targets
- Support in testing and validation of the FPGA design in laboratory
- Collaboration with developers from different areas like RF, HW and SW
This entry-level role suits for a recent graduate with relevant educational background within FPGA/digital design domain, or with similar background. You do not need to master everything immediately, but willingness to learn is a must. We are flexible with the work contents, and exact responsibilities can be tailored based on your existing experience.
To succeed in the intended role, the minimum requirements are:
- MSc or BSc in computer science or digital design or corresponding discipline
- Some experience in designing digital logic in VHDL
- Familiar with FPGA design flow and with Xilinx and/or Intel FPGAs and tools (Vivado or Quartus)
- Familiar with simulators like Modelsim or Questa
- Fluent communication and collaboration skills both in Finnish and in English, verbal and written
Skills that will make work easier but are not mandatory:
- Matlab, TCL and other scripting languages
- Understanding of RF receiver architectures and corresponding digital signal processing – the more the better
The position entails to working with classified information. Therefore, a drug test and approved Security Clearance in accordance with the Finnish Security Clearance act 726/2014 is required for the selected applicant.
What you will be a part of?
Your work place will be at Saab Sensor Technology Center in Tampere downtown. However, since Saab is a global company, this role requires fluent communication with colleagues abroad, and may require some travelling.
In addition to extremely interesting projects, we can offer you unique career opportunities where on-going training and development is also provided to help you build your career! We are big enough to offer a wide range of opportunities, but agile enough to be noticed and recognized.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.
Would you like to know more about the Saab-life and the benefits of joining us? Check out the Saab People Philosophy.
Please send your Cover letter and CV soonest through Saab Career System.
We are processing applications already during application period. In case you have any questions regarding the position, recruitment process or simply what is it like to work at Saab - please give a call to our HR Manager Teemu Turkia, tel. +358400883088.