Lead Government Accounting and Compliance Analyst
Saab, Inc., in Syracuse, NY is looking for a Lead Government Accounting Analyst to join the Accounting + Government Compliance organization. This position will report directly to the Director of Government Accounting & Compliance. It will support government accounting and compliance activities such as developing and submitting direct and indirect rate proposals; participating in numerous DCAA/DCMA financial and business system audits; analyzing and reporting of indirect rates, general ledger details, project expenditures, and unallowable costs.
Collaborate with Finance, Contracts, Program Management, and Business Systems teams to implement, reconcile, and/or maintain Oracle ERP modules to ensure compliance with applicable accounting and business system criteria
Review, interpret, and provide guidance on US Government accounting and compliance reporting requirements, rules, and regulations such as CAS, FAR, DFARS, and AMS
Assist in the development, preparation, and subsequent support for US Government audits of the company’s forward pricing rates and final incurred cost proposals
Lead and/or participate in numerous DCAA/DCMA financial and business system audits as required
Monitor, develop, and analyze monthly reports of indirect rates, general ledger details, project expenditures, and unallowable costs
Develop or enhance processes and procedures to track expenditures and revenue by immediate and end user customers in order to support internal analyses and external government reporting
Analyze and maintain cost accounting information in the financial systems in order to ensure accuracy and compliance with government accounting regulations
Provide ad hoc accounting and financial support as required
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 15+ years of experience (13+ if Master’s/ MBA)
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong organizational and effective time management skills with ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-starter and highly motivated
- Proficient in MS Excel and other Microsoft Office tools (Word, Powerpoint)
- Ability to interface with financial and cross-functional teams and work effectively with various levels of the organization
- Ability to achieve deadlines and work independently when required
- Ability to interface with various US Government and internal teams in order to support accounting and business system audits and reviews
- Familiarity with US Government rules and regulations such as CAS, FAR, DFARS, and AMS
- Familiarity with Accounting systems such as Oracle E-business Suite preferred but not required
Saab, Inc. provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere and paid holidays.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.