Logistics Project Manager
Saab, Inc. is seeking a Logistics Project Manager to support the Senior Integrated Logistics Support Manager by managing and executing logistics requirements of new and on-going programs.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Lead and coordinate employees performing activities within multiple ILS, engineering, and production disciplines to provide logistics support analyses, provisioning data, RMA analyses, spares predictions, technical publications, customer training, and others.
• Track and manage project schedules to ensure delivery of on-time and quality ILS products.
• Track and manage EV and non-EV budgets to keep projects in budget and assesses needs for funding changes.
• Interact with customers as needed to coordinate Saab support to meet customer needs.
Skills and Experience:
Your skills and experience
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering, business or related discipline.
• 15+ years of logistics or related experience.
• 18+ years of military or aerospace experience.
• Experience using/interpreting common logistics products, such as provisioning and supply databases, RMA predictions, LORA, FMECA, etc.
• Experience in military logistics or USG life cycle planning/procurement/sustainment.
• Experience using MS Projector similar scheduling tool to track and manage projects.
• Effective teamwork skills to coordinate needs within open, multi-tasking environment in an engineering development setting.
• Demonstrated ability to direct and influence teams and drive programs/projects to success.
• Ability to work with customers and subcontractors to meet requirements and coordinate opportunities.
• Capable of obtaining a USG security clearance.
Desired Experience and Skills:
• Experience as Control Account Manager using Earned Value or similar financial tracking system.
• Skilled in MS/Office products, including ability to use/interpret Excel pivot tables and create PowerPoint presentations.
• Knowledge of US DoD engineering development and procurement processes, including milestone events.
• Military experience in a field or depot unit maintaining, operating, or directly supporting fielded radar or aerospace/naval/tactical equipment highly desired.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to meet the following criteria: (i) pass a drug screen, (ii) complete a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, and education and employment verification, and (iii) be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (unless granted an accommodation permitted by law and then in compliance with Saab’s requirements related to the accommodation, if any).
Saab provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, work-life balance, business-casual atmosphere and comprehensive benefits:
Medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and dependents
Paid time off including: minimum of 3 weeks vacation, 5 floating holidays, 8 designated holidays, 3 weeks personal illness, bereavement, jury duty and disability
401(k) with immediate vesting on employer match
Employee assistance programs
Employee stock purchase program with employer match
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.