Looking for Software Engineers
Saab Technologies Ltd. is seeking Software Engineers based in Burnaby, British Columbia who will use professional concepts to develop, maintain, document, integrate and debug high-quality code across multiple components. The Software Engineer designs, implements and integrates software using a systematic, disciplined and quantifiable approach. The Software Engineer analyses requirements, defines software architecture, generates and maintain software code documentation, tests implemented functionality. The Software Engineer follows established processes and best practices for software.
Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Research, design, implement and manage software programs
• Conduct testing and evaluation of new programs
• Identify areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently develop these modifications
• Write and implement efficient code
• Determine operational practicality
• Maintain and upgrade existing systems
• Ensure work progress to schedule and keep (internal) customers informed of project the progress
• Stay current with trends, techniques, technology and other factors affecting the job
• Actively participate in team meetings and offer recommendations /ideas on design projects with other developers and system analysts
Your Skills & Experience:
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, a technical diploma or related discipline required
• Minimum 1 year direct work experience using SQL Server or equivalent products
• Minimum 1 year experience in a technical software development role
• Work experience in object-oriented design methodology and application development in in XML preferred.
• Must have the ability to communicate technical concepts to other technical staff members
• Must be a problem solver with a strong customer focus
• Exceptional time management, project planning, analytical and communication skills, both verbal & written
• Excellent writing, content development and editing skills
• Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
• Excellent computer skills with superior knowledge in Excel and other Microsoft Office programs
• Willingness to work flexible hours, especially during time sensitive situations
Saab is a global defence and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
• Competitive salary
• Workplace flexibility for a balanced work/life approach
• Comprehensive benefits package and wellness program
• Generous company-paid vacation days and holiday time
• Challenging, collaborative and diverse corporate culture
• Ongoing opportunities for learning and career development
Saab is a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility and good opportunities for advancing in your career. But also a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
Saab is an equal opportunity employer. If you are a person with disability and have a question or may require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources by email at Angelene.email@example.com
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Angelene.firstname.lastname@example.org by July 8th, 2021.