Maintenance Engineer for Saab in Arboga
Do you want to be part of a team that keeps Gripen flying in the future?
Your role will be supporting the workshop that maintain the avionics to the Gripen fighter. This is a varied work that includes everything from support of actual maintenance to proving technical documentation on how the maintenance is performed. A lot of the work focuses on the Saab developed test stations and this require both software as well as hardware understanding.
- Development and support of maintenance resources for specific avionics devices including both hardware and software
- Technical support to customers, end users and other Saab entities
- Work in projects that can include parts such as financial follow-up, purchasing support or project management
- Documentation of work performed to comply with regulatory requirements which also includes work in our MPS system
- Support for a workshop with troubleshooting or complex maintenance as well as improvement work
The variety of different work tasks demand qualities like initiative, willingness to learn and drive to deliver. You need to be a team player with good communication skills and a positive approach to problem solving. It is important to us that you have an accepting attitude towards people regardless of whom you meet. Respect and dignity should be keywords to you at all times.
- Engineering degree or equivalent preferably in electronics or maintenance
- Excellent communication skills in English, verbal and written
- Ability to work both in team and alone
- Experience in avionics maintenance
- Knowledge in computers and programming
- Experience in project work or leading projects
- Knowledge in material and planning systems
- Knowledge in battery maintenance or battery technology
- Knowledge radar maintenance or microwave technology
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be a part of
The business unit Gripen Support focuses on support of the Gripen system but also other platforms. You will join a group of engineers that develop and maintain maintenance resources. This means providing technical services primarily to maintenance workshops, but also to customers and other Saab entities. Our maintenance work covers civilian and military avionics, radio, radar and support systems.
The work tasks that the group carry out, span over a wide area of knowledge and can be adapted to fit individual skills.
If you are interested in what benefits you can take part of as an employee at Saab in Sweden, you can read more about them here
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement.
We welcome your application in either Swedish or English
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.
Read more about us here