Manager Application Engineering
Do you want to work with the world-leading supplier of simulated training? We are now looking for a manager with an interest in leadership and change management. With us, you will get the chance to influence what the future of the simulated training will look like. Join Saab AB, Training & Simulation´s Applications department.
As manager for the Application Engineering department, you will be responsible for managing all the application development and test activities, to ensure that objectives are met and requirements fulfilled.
- You will lead a team of Application Engineers.
- As a line manager you will support the team in adapting our products according to specific customer requirements.
- You will have close cooperation with project managers, software and hardware developers and other application engineers.
- You will lead your team according to Saab values Drive, Expertise and Trust.
- You will report to the Head of Application Engineering.
The position as Manager Application Engineering is stationed at our headquarters in Huskvarna, Sweden.
To thrive in this role, you are proactive and take full responsibility for allocated tasks. You can easily create trust within the organisation and are used to efficiently collaborate with team members.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering
- Proven leadership qualities and experience of leading people, with particular focus on HOW. That is a strong value-based leadership in accordance with Saab values.
- Skills in communicating effectively across different teams, countries and cultures.
- Willingness and proven ability to manage complexity and to drive change
- Strong technical interest
- Structured in your work
- Show drive, be pro-active and have ability for self-management.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Experience from similar role
- Military background
- Other language skills expect for Swedish and English
- Driving License
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be a part of
You will collaborate with experienced engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development and personal growth. You will be part of the Training & Simulation unit who develops and manufactures training systems mainly for military users. The team you will join consists primarily of Application, Software and test engineers based in Huskvarna and has a large part in developing our cutting edge products. Training and Simulation is part of the Business Area Dynamics .
Observe that you can send us your application in either Swedish or English. Last application date is 30/9-21 but we are recruiting constantly so don’t wait to send your application!
If you aspire to help, create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.