Manager EU and NATO Public Affairs
Saab serves the global market with world-leading products, services and solutions from military defence, in all domains, to civil security. Saab’s market offering is broad and consists of complex systems involving extensive research and development as well as services with a high degree of repetition. With operations on every continent, Saab continuously develops, adapts and improves new technology to meet customers’ changing needs. A fundamental pillar within Saab is that we exist to keep people and society safe. For more information about Saab, please visit: https://www.saab.com/
Saab is now looking for an EU Public Affairs Manager to join its EU & NATO Affairs Office in Brussels.
The Public Affairs Manager will provide active support to the Head of Office on a wide range of EU legislative and policy initiatives and issues. She/he will carry out strategic communication and public affair activities towards the EU institutions, the European Defence Agency and the NATO.
The Manager will proactively engage with a broad network of stakeholders and take lead on certain tasks as well as own initiatives for activities that support Saab achieving its strategic and business objectives in relation to the EU and the NATO markets. The Manager will also work to promote Saab’s values and brand.
As the EU and NATO Public Affairs Manager, you will essentially carry out the following tasks:
- Support Head of Office and colleagues with intelligence on legislative and policy initiatives/developments in areas of relevance to Saab within the EU Institutions as well as developments within the EDA and NATO.
- Provide situation analysis, reports, presentations and advice to Head of Office and other colleagues within Saab’s organisation.
Strategic communication & advocacy
- Contribute with advice on public affairs, strategic communication and advocacy activities in relation to EU/NATO initiatives and issues of relevance to Saab’s activities in Europe.
- Support Head of Office and other colleagues with meetings and activities that uphold and establish professional contacts and networks of importance for maintaining good relations and communication channels with the EU institutions, the EDA and NATO
- Organisation of the Saab’s Annual EU Seminar and other events for the purpose of promoting Saab as key stakeholder and to further leverage our EU/NATO advocacy activities
- Represent Saab in the AeroSpace and Defence Industries Association of Europe (ASD)
- Identify and raise awareness of potential business opportunities and challenges within EU legislation, policy and R&I&D programmes as well as with regard to activities within the EDA and NATO
- Develop and support the promotion of Saab’s brand and our capabilities
- Support Head of Office with developing and implementing strategic communication and advocacy activities to achieve set objectives.
- Coordinating work between the Office and colleagues throughout the company
Preferable academic and professional qualifications
We are ideally looking for a person with the following qualifications:
- Post-graduate University degree within relevant field (i.e. Master’s degree (L.L.M) or equivalent)
- 2 - 3 years of professional experience in a relevant field (i.e. EU affairs, policy, political science or equivalent)
- Relevant experience from working within the EU institutions, related agencies/bodies or authorities at EU or Member State level
- Good understanding of the EU, the EU Institutions, the EDA, NATO and their activities in the defence and security fields as well as relevant decision making processes
- Good understanding of the defence industry and the defence market(s)
- Good overview of Saab as a company and its activities
- Excellent communication, people and networking skills
- Ability to work in team, but also alone, to support colleagues and take own initiative
- Ability to drive own tasks/projects forward
- Proficiency in Swedish and English
- Ability to communicate and work in French is a plus
Saab applies competitive local employment and salary conditions.
Date for submitting your application
Please send your CV and letter of motivation to us at the latest by 1 July 2021.
Head of Saab EU & NATO Public Affairs Office
+32 476 21 02 67