As Saab is continues to grow our new operation in West Lafayette, IN, we are seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to help develop a world-class Engineering function. The ideal candidate has strong leadership skills, experience in aerospace, and is able to work as a team to solve problems and develop processes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Direct or coordinate the work of Manufacturing Engineers to enable factory flow
- Support EHS safe work methods, ergonomic actions, and other EHS initiatives as needed.
- Justify, procure, install, and integrate custom manufacturing equipment
- Acts as liaison between customer requirements and local processes
- Compile and report metrics related to engineering support of operations
- Perform root cause analyses when non-conformances are identified and deliver corrective actions
- Maintain current PFMEA and process qualification documents
- Identify, develop, and deliver new manufacturing methods (or refine existing) to improve quality & safety, reduce cost, and optimize build schedule
- Deliver a people first culture in alignment to Saab leadership vision and Company values: Trust, Drive, Expertise and Support
- Other tasks as assigned to support the operation.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (other relevant fields may apply) from an accredited university
- Experience with 3DX or other PLM software
- 3+ years people leadership experience, preferably in manufacturing
- 7+ years of Aerospace experience
- Experience with a MES (Solumina preferred)
- Must be willing to work extended hours in support of program needs as needed.
- Understanding of Aerospace standards (AS9100 & ISO9001), concepts, and processes
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and drawing interpretation
- Excellent communication skills and team project experience
- Experience working as part of an international team is a plus.
- Ability to be self-driven and deliver a high quality of work.
- Ability to drive and lead change.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Saab is a federal government contractor and adheres to policies and programs necessary for sustaining drug-free workplaces. As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Saab provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, work-life balance, business-casual atmosphere and comprehensive benefits:
Medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and dependents
Paid time off including: minimum of 3 weeks vacation, 5 floating holidays, 8 designated holidays, parental leave, personal illness, bereavement, jury duty, long-term and short-term disability
401(k) with immediate vesting on employer match
Student loan assistance
Wellness account, Care.com subscription and employee assistance programs
Employee stock purchase program with employer match
Saab is a leading defense and security company with an enduring mission, to help nations keep their people and society safe. Empowered by its 18,000 talented people, Saab constantly pushes the boundaries of technology to create a safer, more sustainable and more equitable world. In the U.S., Saab delivers advanced technology and systems, supporting the U.S. Armed Forces and the Federal Aviation Administration, as well as international and commercial partners. Headquartered in Syracuse, New York, the company has business units and local employees in seven U.S. locations.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.