The Electronic Warfare (EW) Systems business unit provides world class signal intelligence systems and self protection systems for next generation Gripen and Globaleye. We are now looking for a skilled and high performing leader to the Signal Processing Firmware section.
As Manager Signal Processing Firmware, your overall goal is to create an exemplary team spirit, take an active part in the agenda to become a software driven organization, ensure successful delivery of project assignments and actively work together with your peers in the Software Engineering management team.
You will be responsible for the Signal Processing Firmware section with approximately 20 employees and consultants. The team consists of highly capable and skilled firmware engineers.
The main tasks are:
- Ensure a well-functioning and well-being team
- Grow and foster a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Drive improvements and leading change
- Be part of establishing a technology roadmap for the area
- Be an active part of the leadership team within Software Engineering and collaborate with other leaders in the organization
- Work together with the department manager and the other sections managers to establish a healthy working climate to succeed with deliverables that adhere to deadlines, specifications and budgets
We are looking for a leader with good communications skills, furthermore a people’s person with a strong technical foundation in software engineering. You encourage an open, trustful and performance driven climate.
- Experience of leadership within FPGA and/or software development
- A solid understanding of FPGA development
- Basic knowledge in signal processing and CI/CD
- A solid understanding and experience of agile development and leadership
- Fluent in Swedish and English
- A proactive and reliable team player with very good communications skills
- Ability to set clear goals and the strategies for reaching them
- Ability to make changes happen
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be a part of
Saab is a leading defence and security company with an enduring mission, to help nations keep their people and society safe. Empowered by its 18,000 talented people, Saab constantly pushes the boundaries of technology to create a safer, more sustainable and more equitable world.
Business area Surveillance offers world-leading sensor technology in monitoring and decision support to protect against threats. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, C4I solutions, aviation systems and cyber security.
You will report to the Head of Software Engineering and be a part of the management team for Software Engineering. The software engineering management team consist of 8 section managers, with different expertise within software and leadership. The management team work in close collaboration both within the team and with other teams. We strive to constantly improve our products and ways-of-working while maintaining high quality.
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. You can send us your application in either Swedish or English.
Do you want to get to know our business and our people a little bit better? Here you can find some stories told by our employees.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.