Do you want to contribute to a safer world? We are working with Electronic Warfare and developing world-class signal intelligence- and self-protection systems that are outsmarting threats in the electromagnetic spectrum. We are now looking for a skilled and people-oriented leader for the Systems Engineering department. Welcome to apply for this position!
We need to strengthen the Systems Engineering department to enable future growth. Therefore, we are looking for a manager for the section System HW functions.
As a manager within Systems Engineering, you will have many exciting days. Your overall goal will be to create a great team spirit, coach your team of engineers to ensure successful project assignments and actively work together with your peers in the System Engineering management team. You will manage between 15 and 20 employees and consultants.
Most of the work will be within the following areas:
- Develop and care for your employees
- Interact with projects to match their needs with the right competence
- Balancing the recourse need both in short and long term perspective
- Responsibility for personnel and budget within your section
- Defining and driving both short and long-term goals
- Be an active part of the Systems Engineering Management team
Would you like to know more about the Saab-life and the benefits of joining us? Read our People Philosophy.
First, Saab is a place for everyone. Operating in a dynamic and unpredictable world, the benefits of a diverse workforce are essential to our success. We need people of different backgrounds, ages and experiences to come together and share their ideas and perspectives. That’s what makes us able to meet our customers’ needs today and predict the defence challenges of tomorrow.
The most valuable asset is your genuine interest in developing people and supporting them in their daily work. A technical background is essential for this position and the challenges you will phase. Experience from the defence industry or developing complex products is a merit.
- We believe you have a Master of Science in Engineering; Applied Physics, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent and experience working in high technology industry/industries.
- Experience in leading and developing people in engineering fields like Software Development, Embedded Development, System Integration & Verification.
- Previous knowledge about RF, Electronic warefare and/or Radar is highly beneficial.
- A minimum of five years of relevant work experience.
- A genuine interest and desire in making things better.
Saab is an international organisation, and you must handle both Swedish and English fluently, in speech and writing.
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be a part of
You will be a part of the EWAS business unit, which provides world-class signal intelligence and self-protection systems for the next generation of Gripen, Globaleye and other platforms. EWAS is a business unit within the Business Area Surveillance, read more here Link to Surveillance
The Systems Engineering department is responsible for the Systems Engineering parts of the development of our products and consist of around 100 co-workers. The department is divided into six sections with a wide range of competencies and responsibilities, all from leadership, Configuration Management, Technical Design Authority, Systems Safety, Requirements Engineering, Systems Architectures, and looking into future concepts and algorithms. In your role as a manager, you will be a part of the Systems Engineering management team to contribute and share responsibilities for the development of the department. The role will also include interaction with other disciplines within the Engineering organisation. Welcome to make a difference with your drive and curiosity!
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a learning culture, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to keep people and society safe.