Manager within Shared Infrastructure & Platforms - Head of Daily Operations
Are you a committed Manager and a Leader who wants to stay with and design tomorrow's IT at Saab?
Saab is currently expanding internationally towards becoming a multi-domestic company. In this process, IT plays an important role in facilitating and enabling collaboration. Data has never been as important as it is today. Sharing, collecting, storing, using and capitalizing on data is one important component for all Saab's product areas. Information technology will bring improvements in practically every area and Saab will utilize this by incorporating IT even closer to our core business. Some areas that Saab IT will need to put extra effort in are:
- Increased digitalization in products and ways of working
- Invest in modern technologies such as automation, cyber, cloud and space
- Continuing to create a truly inclusive and performance driven culture
As a Manager and a Leader at Saab, it is important that you have the ability to build trust, be communicative and together with your team, drive change!
Shared Infrastructure & Platform is Product/Service-based organization that includes Service Owners for the Saabs Enterprise Infrastructure/Platforms including Network. This includes an End-to-End accountability including Domain Architecture responsibility for the area.
Within Shared Infrastructure & Platforms we are now looking for Managers for the following departments:
Daily Operations – Containing operations team for technical services in general. Competences in this department are System Administrators and Specialists. Focus is primarily on daily operations of Saab corporate platforms. Some of the responsibilities are outlined below:
Create a daily operations team that ensure qualiy of service delivery
Gate keeper of ITIL processes: Change Management; Configuration Management; Incident Management
Closely monitor back-log
Swiftly respond on events triggered by monitoring
Ensure we have one accurate CMDB for assets
Application operations monitoring
As a Manager within Shared Infrastructure & Platforms, your main tasks are:
- Being a Service Owners and manage specialist to deliver the services
- Working together with Resource and Competence Management to staff additional needs
- Being responsible for full service preferably using DevSecOps Methodology or Agile way-of-working
- Secure operational efficiency through service based workflow and development
- Optimize services through utilization of new business and delivery models via external market
- Being accountable for acting according to Saab IT Strategy & Principles - “Act for the best for Saab”
- Actively participate in delivering your services.
You will be part of Shared Infrastructure & Platforms Management Team and report directly to Head of Shared Infrastructure & Platforms. Hiring Manager is Mårten Olson.
You are already today a skilled manager and business leader. You are comfortable being accountable for executing and enabling the strategy set by Saab IT and integrating policy across your department, as well as contribute to strategic policy decisions.
You also promote openness and trust and you have the courage to make tough decisions, putting business first, but also addressing the people side when challenges occurs.
- Master or Bachelor degree in IT, systems management or engineering
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience as a manager
- Excellent communication skills in Swedish and English, verbal, written and presentation
- Strong analytical skills
- Business Acumen
- Process enhancement and business alignment
- Financial Management
- Experience from similar organisations
- Experience in driving change
- Experience from leading teams in an international environment
- Managing third party vendors and developing partnership
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.
Feel free to send us your application in either Swedish or English.
What you will be a part of
IT is a core business enabler and vital for Saab’s competitive advantage. Saab has a clear vision to continue to grow internationally. For Saab IT this means that we need to develop our capabilities to efficiently support this growth.
Since late 2019 there has been an ongoing work establishing a new Saab common IT Operating Model together with the Business Areas, a model describing how Saab IT will be functioning in order to provide the best value possible for Saab.
Implementing the new Saab common IT Operating Model and associated activities is called “Saab IT Transformation", a thorough change in our organisation with the main objective to create more business value.
This is an ongoing process and neither your role nor the organisation is fixed. You will be a part of the transformation, shaping the new Saab IT for future needs.